Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Download codes in Ireland?

Options
  • 24-10-2017 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I want to pre-order the download version of Super Mario Odyssey from Amazon, but I was wondering whether download codes from Amazon UK work on an Irish Switch? You already have to fake a UK address just to be able to get the code in the first place; so I'm just wondering in case anyone else has done it.

If it does work you can save yourself €10 through it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

I bought Splatoon2 from a UK seller on eBay, so yeah there should be no issue. I put it through the EU shop code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Mj_Healy wrote: »
    I want to pre-order the download version of Super Mario Odyssey from Amazon, but I was wondering whether download codes from Amazon UK work on an Irish Switch? You already have to fake a UK address just to be able to get the code in the first place; so I'm just wondering in case anyone else has done it.

If it does work you can save yourself €10 through it.

Yes it does. I bought Splatoon 2 on Amazon UK this way. No problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

druss wrote: »
    Yes it does. I bought Splatoon 2 on Amazon UK this way. No problems.

Did you needed to play around with address and stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Did you needed to play around with address and stuff?

I'd a UK address for Parcel Motel. I used that and system was happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

brought splatoon 2 from amazon a while ago, cant remember the address i used tho, probably need a uk one so either parcel motel or address pal UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

Game codes work, currency codes don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

Bump. This is useful to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

While it is useful to know, this is the most important post in the thread. Because it highlights /\/ollog's post, which is the 2nd most important in the thread :D
    /\/ollog wrote: »
    Game codes work, currency codes don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

Banjo wrote: »
    While it is useful to know, this is the most important post in the thread. Because it highlights /\/ollog's post, which is the 2nd most important in the thread :D

It confused the original question if anything. ...if you buy a download game on Amazon.co.uk for the Switch, you can download and play it on your Switch.

Advertisement