Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is christening entertainment a thing now?

Options
  • 24-10-2017 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm planning my daughters christening in a hotel function room. I've heard that since there are a number of children attending we should have some entertainment?

Any recommendations or tips would be Great,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

For my baba's christening I just brought in a basket with a few toys/books and balloons and left them in the corner for the smallies to play with.

We had a lunch and then went to the christening though, so there wasn't a lot of time for smallies to be hanging around. Maybe if you are having a longer reception type thing it might be handy to have something more to entertain them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lolococo

No one expects anything at Christenings. Don’t put yourself to too much expense. The main event is the christening itself. The more you do the more pressure you put on the next person. A few colouring books and crayons should be more than enough. Enjoy the day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Justsmile1

Thanks I agree shouldn't have to put on entertainment. Might just do party bags for the kids im sure parents will bring toys with them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Basket, mat, toys, maybe paper n crayons depending on age. Job done. No need for anything else.

• Administrators Posts: 14,091 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I wouldn't even do party bags!
    If I was going to a christening I wouldn't expect my children to be entertained by the people. I might expect a few sandwiches and a cup of tea, few biscuits and drinks for the children maybe. It's my job to keep my children entertained/under control at somebody else's function. If they get too bored/tired whatever, that's my cue to leave.

• Advertisement
Advertisement