Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell

Options
  • 24-10-2017 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a windows laptop which is alive with bugs. Years ago spy bot and ad aware were the go to big destroyers. Can anyone please tell me the best programs to use to clean my laptop?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭28064212

In the majority of cases, you're far better off doing a wipe and reinstall from scratch

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Steviesol wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a windows laptop which is alive with bugs. Years ago spy bot and ad aware were the go to big destroyers. Can anyone please tell me the best programs to use to clean my laptop?

Thanks

Try Malwarebytes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Before the factory reset you could try using the AVG Recovery CD / Bootdisk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

i alway use at least 2 (need a second opinion). I use 3. it is quicker to reformat and reinstall to recover from virus issues.

however if data loss, or not having re-install media etc puts you off that option you can take the riskier method of cleaning.

i recommend using a good free antivirus like sophos home or avg free - i recommend sophos home edition. on top of that use malwarebyets (free version), and finally i would use superantispyware for my 3rd product.

When you come up clear, reboot, and a rescan again - in all 3.

Advertisement