Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licensee just left without notice

Options
  • 24-10-2017 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am subletting a room to a licensee for 6 months.
    I was on holiday for 5 weeks and came back to Dublin yesterday.
    Once I entered my apartment, I saw the subletted bedroom door was open and the room was empty (except the mattress).
    My housemate left the apartment without giving me 1 month notice. She didn't pay the rent (although this is covered by the deposit), she didn't pay the utility bills and she didn't return the keys.
    I have tried to ring her, but she has disconnected her mobile phone and she doesn't reply on my emails.

Any idea what I can do to get the keys / rent / bills back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

International arrest warrant?

Seriously tho, if you have no way of finding them there isn't much you can do. Licensee can leave whenever they want, but stealing your keys etc is not cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

nhlau87 wrote: »
    I am subletting a room to a licensee for 6 months.
    I was on holiday for 5 weeks and came back to Dublin yesterday.
    Once I entered my apartment, I saw the subletted bedroom door was open and the room was empty (except the mattress).
    My housemate left the apartment without giving me 1 month notice. She didn't pay the rent (although this is covered by the deposit), she didn't pay the utility bills and she didn't return the keys.
    I have tried to ring her, but she has disconnected her mobile phone and she doesn't reply on my emails.

Any idea what I can do to get the keys / rent / bills back?

Change the locks and be glad she didn't trash the place

Next time get rent in advance and a months deposit

Advertisement