Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible points and insurance renewal

Options
  • 24-10-2017 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

Quick question.

So last night on my way back from Cork on the M7, I had the car set to 120kph (in a 120 zone) on cruise control and clicked the 'off' button just as I hit the 100Kph limit at the Naas Road - force of habit that I let it slow to 100 and then click the cruise control back on when its hits the 100kph mark. Ok so I know I should have been at 100 when I passed the sign, but as I say force of habit.

Anyway, 100yds in whilst still slowing sat a lovely speed van - I was probably down to about 110 - 112 when I saw it, but no doubt I'll get a present in the post. Not disputing that bit, my bad.

Question is, my insurance is due in two weeks. i can't tell the insurance company that I 'might' have collected points, but also heard that points are not applied for 28 days ?. So, if I receive notification in the meantime, am I at liberty to tell the insurers if technically the points wont be on for a month?

Vehicle is a 318i 2001 which I'm selling at the end of the year, so due to the age, limited insurance choice and easy target.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You dont know if you were caught speeding yet tho, so until you receive the letter confirming it then you have no new points :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

If you get notification of points before renewal you should disclose them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

If you get notification of points before renewal you should disclose them.

That was my suspicion...insurer will be rubbing his hands together :rolleyes:

Advertisement