Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

you ever been in a fight?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Bit of pushing and shoving as a hot headed young fella but I've never hit anyone and i doubt I'll start now.

I was headbutted once in an unprovoked assault which broke my nose, no cctv back then in clubs but I hope the guy dies roaring when his time comes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I once beat up a lad who tried to steal my bike but that was completely one sided. I was only in one proper fight with a guy in school. I think I was in sixth class at the time. It was fairly even. We both landed some shots and then called it quits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Last time I punched someone I was 20, I can't really remember what happened but the guy was pissing me off and gave me a gentle jab with his foot like I was a dog that was annoying him.
    That tipped me over the edge so I punched him in the face. Split his eyebrow open and then we wrestled for a bit, he was a lot heavier than me so as far as I was concerned if I went down I was dead. That and the fact I've good balance kept me standing and then some other lads broke it up.
    Only lasted about 30 seconds but I was fairly impressed with myself for coming out unscathed.
    Time before that I was walking home from school and someone tried to rob me so gave him a belt and legged it.
    Another time as a kid 3 travellers chased me and my friends, the two buddies legged it but I just refused to run. Cos **** em'.
    Two of them grabbed both my arms and one of them punched me in the nose. I made a point of just not looking the slightest bit bothered and they let me go.

To prove these aren't hard man stories, I had to go home and cry after all three incidents and still feel like crying even after minor confrontations with drunks on a night out. Hate that ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

At around 16, I threw 1 punch, I think it was more of a shock to me than the gob****e that I hit.

At around 19, I got a punch to the back of the head, had my hands in my pockets and went straight down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Me and my mates get together every weekend and tear strips off each other.
    It's getting outta hand now tho.Edward Norton is fuming cos we're not supposed to talk about it......

Yes. Didn't enjoy the fractured ribs and my teeth kicked out of my mouth.

OP. You could have put in an option for those of us that don't enjoy fighting or getting beat up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Was in a fight as a child, nothing major but haven't been as an adult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

no, things to be doing in life than fighting other humans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

The auld school bully used to box the head off of me because I was the gay one out in the school, roll on about 3 or 4 years later me after filling out met said d.ickhead in the local back home, of course the p.ick started to pipe up the usual rubbish, well jaysus I clattered the head off of him really gave him a good doing over for all the years of torment. Got kicked out of the pub over it but had a many a person come up to me since to say that was well over due. He gives me a nod now whenever our paths cross. I feel embarrassed over it as I'm a very placid guy but everyone reaches their boiling point at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

c_man wrote: »
    Have you ever been in a proper, physical fight? If so how did you come out of it? If not, do you feel you're missing out?

I was in a fair few punching matches in my glorious days on the minor team but not sure if that counts. Outside of that I've been "jumped" twice, both times I threw a few punches and once a nice kick to the knee before engaging a tactical withdrawal. It's such a weird sensation, your adrenaline shots sky high and your senses are all over the place.

No hard man stories please.

Yes and it hurt :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I'm not in any way aggressive. A few of my friends get into fights occasionally but I have a talent for breaking them up. I'm very much a peace keeper. Ten years ago (I was 20) I used to drink buckfast every weekend and despite it's bad reputation I was always a peaceful drunk. But one night after the nightclubs closed I was down the street and a fairly big man hit a girl I was good friends with and for the first time in my life I was blinded with rage.

It was probably the mixture of buckfast, vodka and red Bull (I feel sick just thinking about that shyte) and the fact that I've always been timid that made me finally lose it. Long story short, I beat the living shít out of him and I never felt an ounce of guilt over it. I got arrested but was let out after after 5 hours..

So yeah, I won 100% of my fights 😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭Allinall

I'm allergic to fighting.

Any sign of trouble I break out in a run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Far too many for my liking when I was younger. I grew out of it, though.

I imagine if someone started on me nowadays, I'd just walk away. It's not worth it.

Exact same as this, I'd laugh if someone tried to start with me now, really not worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Full on fights, not since I was younger. Just the usual scraps that most people end up having. Won some and lost some. I'd go out of my way to avoid one these days though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: Threads merged.

Carry on, folks,

Buford T. Justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Carry on, folks,

Whatcha mean by that, got a problem bud?! eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

joe stodge wrote: »
    well have you?
    did you win?

Do you know karate, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Whatcha mean by that, got a problem bud?! eh?

"Illfightyaferit" -Brad Pitt in Snatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

I do martial arts three times a week. Doesn't count though. :P

Never in a scrap but I did stab my school bully in the face with a sharp pencil when I was 4 or 5. Got him right under the eye! Little c**t deserved it, too!

• Advertisement
Advertisement