Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 years to CID or...?

Options
  • 24-10-2017 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi there,

I was wondering if the 4 year service was compulsory before getting CID, or is it possible for a school to grant it after one year?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Hi there,

I was wondering if the 4 year service was compulsory before getting CID, or is it possible for a school to grant it after one year?

Many thanks!

I don't see why a school could not give you a contract full time permanent if they want you as an employee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Hi there,

Many thanks!

2 RPT contracts and 2 interviews required before you can get a CID.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭recipesforme

So given those conditions, I'm guessing it's a minimum of 2 years?

Is this the only profession that expects its members to work so long before they have any certainty about their future, or is this across the board in the public sector?

So given those conditions, I'm guessing it's a minimum of 2 years?

Is this the only profession that expects its members to work so long before they have any certainty about their future, or is this across the board in the public sector?

It is 4 years as per European law for all professions but teaching is 2 because of the Ward report.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭recipesforme

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    It is 4 years as per European law for all professions but teaching is 2 because of the Ward report.

Really? I'm shocked. I had no idea this was a Europe wide directive.
    It's a pretty high price to pay.

• Advertisement

It's nothing to do with teaching, it is employment law. You can only be given fixed term contracts amounting to two years. After that, you must be given a full time contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

dar100 wrote: »
    It's nothing to do with teaching, it is employment law. You can only be given fixed term contracts amounting to two years. After that, you must be given a full time contract

regular -non teaching- employment law is 4 years.
    https://employmentrightsireland.com/tag/cid/

Teaching goes by ward report.

regular -non teaching- employment law is 4 years.
    https://employmentrightsireland.com/tag/cid/

Teaching goes by ward report.

I meant to type 4.

Irregardless it's 4 years for both no matter what proposal it follows

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ustazjoseph

There's nothing to stop an etb or employer from offering a CID. It does happen from time to time when a school wants to keep a good employee.

There's nothing to stop an etb or employer from offering a CID. It does happen from time to time when a school wants to keep a good employee.

Do you mean a county player?

• Advertisement
Advertisement