Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70

Options
  • 24-10-2017 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have just bought a house and engaged with an Alarm guy RE installation. Friend of a friend doing a nixer, rather than a company.

Has anyone any general feedback on the HKC Quantum 70?

I am going wireless, downstairs windows and doors with wireless contacts installed, and a beam in the upstairs landing area. Theres no roofs or easy access to the upstairs windows, so not doing any contacts there.

Any other general recommendations much appreciated :)

D

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would recommend looking at the GSD i70 if you are going fully wireless.
    There is a big difference on app usage charges ,app download charges and polling response times .
    See the sticky here for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

superd1978 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I have just bought a house and engaged with an Alarm guy RE installation. Friend of a friend doing a nixer, rather than a company.

Has anyone any general feedback on the HKC Quantum 70?

I am going wireless, downstairs windows and doors with wireless contacts installed, and a beam in the upstairs landing area. Theres no roofs or easy access to the upstairs windows, so not doing any contacts there.

Any other general recommendations much appreciated :)

D

I trust you are aware that you are leaving yourself open to prosecution by using the services of a non licensed installer?
    Also Contacts only to your downstairs windows and doors is a joke, that is not covering the glass, if a guy smashes his way in, your alarm will not detect him.
    We have plenty of Q70's out there, no issues.
    But from a security perspective I always prefer a system where the keypad, panel and internal siren are separate from one another.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Quantum is a far better panel than GSD IMO, best out there. Agree with Kub regarding not having a licence. Be careful there's currently a big push on by the PSA catching unlicensed installers.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭superd1978

Thanks very much all, your advice is much appreciated!!
    Quantum is a far better panel than GSD IMO, best out there. Agree with Kub regarding not having a licence. Be careful there's currently a big push on by the PSA catching unlicensed installers.

The guy is a fully licensed alarm installer, he just doing this a favour / nixer. Should I be requesting some kind of license?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

superd1978 wrote: »
    Thanks very much all, your advice is much appreciated!!

The guy is a fully licensed alarm installer, he just doing this a favour / nixer. Should I be requesting some kind of license?

Does this guy work for a licensed installer or is he himself a licensed installer, as in self employed?

If he is an employee of a licensed installer and you are paying him, then both of you are open to prosecution.
    It is only self employed installers or companies than can be licensed, not actual employees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭superd1978

kub wrote: »
    Does this guy work for a licensed installer or is he himself a licensed installer, as in self employed?

If he is an employee of a licensed installer and you are paying him, then both of you are open to prosecution.
    It is only self employed installers or companies than can be licensed, not actual employees.

Thanks Kub, noted. I havent progressed anything as yet.

Advertisement