Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Springboard Mortgage tracker

• 24-10-2017 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Briefly, took out mortgage with springboard circa 2006/7...put on tracker rate but extra % put on rate for 'privilege' of getting mortgage with them, my spouse was self employed at the time. We soon fell into arrears after wife's business folded due to the recession and my salary wasn't sufficient to sustain the payments.
    Came to point of threats to repossess our house and eventually a split mortgage deal was done, all the while with the 'loaded' tracker rate.
    This mortgage was then sold shortly after to a vulture fund..
    My question is this...were we overcharged?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

Were they a sub-prime lender? As in they would take on higher risk borrowers?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭samsx

Were they a sub-prime lender? As in they would take on higher risk borrowers?

Yes they were, as stated spouse was self employed (self declared income) and these providers took on the risk but on 'tracker' rate plus an additional rate...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Why do you think you were overcharged? The cases in the paper are for people who were taken off a tracker, you were on a tracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭samsx

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Why do you think you were overcharged? The cases in the paper are for people who were taken off a tracker, you were on a tracker.

My initial question was if I was overcharged? I'm looking for a simple yes or no and yes the majority of the cases 'in the paper' are for those taken off trackers but Springboard were specifically mentioned in relation to overcharging their customers hence my query. I'm curious as I want to ensure I wasn't paying an amount I shouldn't have had to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

How could anyone on the internet tell you if you were over charged based on the information you've given?

• Advertisement

samsx wrote: »
    Came to point of threats to repossess our house and eventually a split mortgage deal was done, all the while with the 'loaded' tracker rate.
    If you were on the tracker rate you agreed the whole time then no you weren't overcharged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭Mitzy

I doubt that you were overcharged.
    Most of the banks had a clause written into the Terms & Conditions about penalties applicable when the mortgage repayments were met whereby an additional % over the agreed tracker rate was charged. Look at your offer letter from the bank.

Advertisement