Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning single subject teacher advice

Options
  • 24-10-2017 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi guys,

I have had to return home due to parent's health. I am a UK qualified English teacher. In this country I can teach English and CSPE well at least I think I can. I did a joint major in English and Sociology.

What are my prospects here? I am also taking a Part Time MA at the moment in Technical communications and E-Learning. A guy on the course told me that he thinks we can teach computers from it, is this the principal's descretion or what?

The reason I am doing the MA is I don't want to rely on teaching forever but if there was a chance I could teach in Ireland it would be great to know, considering the reg fee.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MassINeverHad

I should mention: I qualified in the UK, PGCE secondary English. I also lived in Asia and was the Academic manager of a language school if this makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

Contact teachingcouncil.ie . You will need to send transcripts/course content if your course has not already been validated. As its the PGDE from the UK I would assume its recognised and you can just register with the council for that subject for the moment.

Again the ICT module will need to be also validated - its not at principals discretion.
    Of course principals may get you to teach other subjects as well but as regards being qualified fully to teach it that's a different matter.

Advertisement