Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone living in Baldoyle?

Options
  • 24-10-2017 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi all,
    Thinking of buying a house in Myrtle Avenue, The Coast, Baldoyle.
    What do you think of the area, do you know if these houses were affected by pyrite? Also only communal garden and no driveway but it does say designated car parking space at surface level and ample visitor parking spaces.
    Any advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Are you after the 2 bed apartment?

I'll be honest with you. I love the area, it's fantastic. I have been living in The Coast (Red Arches) since 2006.

Myrtle is a cheaper estate than Red Arches but thats only because, as you said, they have a history with pyrite.. No issue anymore with it, all properties were remedied and issued with certs. The transport is fantastic, the people are fantastic and as I said, fantastic value for money. There's a 4 bed townhouse (1700SQFT) which is asking €340K which is serious value.

The only issues I have
    Baldoyle is quiet, and there isn't much to do. That isn't a major issue, as you have Howth, Malahide and Town close by.
    Recently some teenagers have been acting the maggot with regards to damaging cars etc. This is being sorted by the management companies re security. It will be sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JDD

Hiya

I own a house with my brothers on Myrtle Square, though I've never lived in it but my brothers have been there for 10 years. It's a great area and a nice estate. The houses on Myrtle Square weren't built with pyrite - it appears a different builder built the houses to the one who built the apartments. In any case all the pyrite has been removed from the affected properties now, and as far as I am aware there have been no further issues (which would have showed up by now if there were any lingering problems).

It's very close to the Dart, a short walk to the shops and they're never seems to be any trouble. My brother had his bike stolen from the car park about six years ago, but he left it unlocked so honestly I think that could happen anywhere. And then you've got Father Collins Park which is lovely, about a 20 min walk away, and Portmarnock and Malahide are really easy to get to. I sound like an estate agent and I promise we're not selling our house, but I do think it's one of the remaining easily commutable areas of Dublin that you'd get good value. Perhaps the only drawback is that after a number of years they've started finishing off some of the half-built estates and started on some brand new ones, so parts of the area are not so pretty with cranes and building sites on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Hi, myself and my young family are looking at The Coast as a potential area to buy a house.

It looks like a really nice area. The only thing is that swathe of land behind Clongriffin, to the north of Myrtle Avenue...does anyone know what's happening there? I read that a 550 home development was approved last year with plans for a mini-village, etc. If anyone has updates that would be great, thanks

Advertisement