Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring Money from Oz account to Irish Account

Options
  • 25-10-2017 7:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭

Hi,

As the title suggests I need to transfer a substantial sum of money from my CBA bank account to my Irish account. Can anyone with experience of this advise on the best and cheapest method of doing so.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Transferwise or currency fair I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

+1 but contact them directly and you may get better rates over the phone.........
    As you know i imagine............Timing re Aud $ most important for large sums hard to call when to do it but AUD falling as we speak who knows where things will be in the next few months............best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Revolut free transfers and interbank rates.

Need to upgrade to increase limit to above €6000

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MARTINOZ

Not sure on how the fees rate but Western Union is the most efficient I've ever used.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

Personally I always use currency fair, seem to give better rates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Have always used Currency Fair but have started using revolut Revolut beat them all the time on fx rates and no transfer fee. Phone app is also great to use.
    Would love to stick with CF but rates matter

Advertisement