Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to setup an AIB credit card payment on Banking 365

Options
  • 25-10-2017 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi I'd like to pay my AIB credit card through banking 365, can you please advise how to do this, there doesnt seem to be an option in the standard menus available to setup a payment/ pay a bill etc.
    Also what details do I need from AIB?
    Thanks,
    S'Doc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi I'd like to pay my AIB credit card through banking 365, can you please advise how to do this, there doesnt seem to be an option in the standard menus available to setup a payment/ pay a bill etc.
    Also what details do I need from AIB?
    Thanks,
    S'Doc

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I'd ask you to call us on 0818 365 365 (or 00353 1 4044000 if you're abroad) and the advisers there will be able to take your AIB credit card details and set it up as a payee.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gmcdaid

Could you not just post the instructions here so that other people know how to do it? That's kind of what the Internet is for.

We don't all have 10-15 to sit on hold waiting for a human to give us instructions that could be disposed of in a couple of lines of instructions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

gmcdaid wrote: »
    Could you not just post the instructions here so that other people know how to do it? That's kind of what the Internet is for.

We don't all have 10-15 to sit on hold waiting for a human to give us instructions that could be disposed of in a couple of lines of instructions.

Hi gmcdaid,

Thanks for your post.

In order to have an AIB Credit Card added as a payee, it's necessary to call our BOI Direct team so the instructions Darren has posted above would be correct. We do always aim to give any steps required, or link you to relevant Help Centre articles on our website however in this instance it's necessary to call us.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gmcdaid

Firstly, the original post does not make it clear that it is necessary to call the support line to do this.

Secondly, it is not in any way clear from the support line automated menus how you do this. There is no option to speak to a representative about adding payees. I tried numerous options, but every time got through to a robot who kept asking me to choose from a list of irrelevant options.

I was only able to do this finally but choosing the option to report a stolen credit card, as I figured this was the least likely option to put me through to a robot.

If you want to be helpful, stop 'splaining me, and explain to people who come across this in a Google search that this operation requires calling the support line and explain what option they need to chose to talk to a human. I've wasted an hour on this.

gmcdaid wrote: »
    Firstly, the original post does not make it clear that it is necessary to call the support line to do this.

Secondly, it is not in any way clear from the support line automated menus how you do this. There is no option to speak to a representative about adding payees. I tried numerous options, but every time got through to a robot who kept asking me to choose from a list of irrelevant options.

I was only able to do this finally but choosing the option to report a stolen credit card, as I figured this was the least likely option to put me through to a robot.

If you want to be helpful, stop 'splaining me, and explain to people who come across this in a Google search that this operation requires calling the support line and explain what option they need to chose to talk to a human. I've wasted an hour on this.
    Hi gmcdaid,

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with our previous replies. When calling our BOI Direct number, you can select options 1, 2, and 2 again to get through to an advisor who can help with adding your AIB card as a payee. Please let us know if we can help with any other query you may have.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 guess_wh0

Could you please explain why could I not add my card online using IBAN AIB provided?

I had to call the phone banking and hold for the operator for them to try and guide me through the 365 online to add it myself (did not have the IBAN back then though). Checked with the branch for them to just tell me to get the IBAN. Got it from AIB and tried to add it myself (what I was told to do by the operator in step 1) - forbidden. So I had to call again and go through 20 minutes of waits and "checking with supervisors" so they magically found out they just need my card number and completely skipped the IBAN. Now I have to wait for the code in mail and call them back again to activate it. This is ridiculous and I've already spent 15 euro on the calls.

guess_wh0 wrote: »
    Could you please explain why could I not add my card online using IBAN AIB provided?

I had to call the phone banking and hold for the operator for them to try and guide me through the 365 online to add it myself (did not have the IBAN back then though). Checked with the branch for them to just tell me to get the IBAN. Got it from AIB and tried to add it myself (what I was told to do by the operator in step 1) - forbidden. So I had to call again and go through 20 minutes of waits and "checking with supervisors" so they magically found out they just need my card number and completely skipped the IBAN. Now I have to wait for the code in mail and call them back again to activate it. This is ridiculous and I've already spent 15 euro on the calls.
    Hi guess_wh0,

Thanks for your post and we're sorry to hear you had this difficulty adding this payee.
    It's necessary to call our BOI Direct team to add an AIB Credit Card as a payee and we're sorry if the steps to do this were not made clear with you when you called into your local branch or when on the phone. We will forward on your comments regarding this to the relevant teams. If you wish to make a formal complaint about your experience, please see our Customer Complaints process here.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement