Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anti fog on visor

Options
  • 25-10-2017 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

Hello peeps,
    any tips for antifog on the visor? Need it more now coming into winter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

What lid do you have? Pinlock is the best for preventing fog https://pinlock.com/what-is-a-pinlock-visor/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

Colm17RvB wrote: »
    What lid do you have? Pinlock is the best for preventing fog https://pinlock.com/what-is-a-pinlock-visor/

Shark Micro lid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭GBX

TheShow wrote: »
    Shark Micro lid.

Thats an open face lid yeah? And it fogs up ?

yep

• Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You can buy anti fog sprays. Or you can use washing up liquid, potatoes and loads of other options.

Main one is to ensure that the lenses are spotless as the condensation forms on dirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Shaving Foam or a potatoe

Muc-off did an anti mist spray. Haven't seen it in the shops for a while though. I have a pin lock visor but my glasses always fog up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

pinlock as others say.

I've used this stuff for ages on my glasses and goggles, even for stuff other than on the bike: https://www.rosebikes.com/article/klar-pilot-cleaning-and-anti-fog-agent/aid:404735

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

gerrowadat wrote: »
    pinlock as others say.

I've used this stuff for ages on my glasses and goggles, even for stuff other than on the bike: https://www.rosebikes.com/article/klar-pilot-cleaning-and-anti-fog-agent/aid:404735

Used to use that as well, but I ran out ages back and haven't seen it in any shops in years. Would recommend it too.

update - Muc Off Anti Fog is doing the business. Applied last week and still keeping the visor clear.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/muc-off-anti-fog-treatment-35ml/rp-prod25404

• Advertisement

now, any suggestions to combat helmet hair?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭GBX

GBX wrote: »

Hehe. I asked for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

If you commute and use hairgel, leave hairgel in work and don't put it in till you get to work. If you use a balaclava will stop your hair from going into crevices in the helmet too. Also handy for keeping your helmet clean as it's easier to wash and dry than helmet lining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

Doesn't help you Op, but I ordered a pinlock 120 insert from racevisors.co.uk over the weekend and it was delivered yesterday morning. Installed it last night and tested it today and it worked like a charm.

Cool, at least I know to make sure the next lid that I pick up is pin lock ready. The muc off spray is doing the job for the time being though, I guess the trick is to use it sparingly and see how long it lasts!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

What's the story on using pinlock at night? The leaflet with mine says it shouldnt be done. I can see a little bit of ghosting, but seems manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

thos wrote: »
    What's the story on using pinlock at night? The leaflet with mine says it shouldnt be done. I can see a little bit of ghosting, but seems manageable.

Is it tinted? If it's not its much safer to have a bit of double vision than no vision. That's why you should never RTFM ;)

Clear.

Ride on so!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,983 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You can use all the anti fog sprays in the world but it's pissing in the wind. I learnt that from airsoft back in the day. The only way to prevent fogging is good ventilation or a pinlock visor.

Sprays are ultimately a short term fix and don't really work all that well

• Advertisement

The poor aim of the average Imperial Stormtrooper is suddenly explained.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,072 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Pinlocks are great and I've been using them for years, no problem with using them at night (clear).

I use a Foggy mask as well, which means the pinlock has less work to do, and it keeps fog off glasses/sunglasses very effectively.

I used to use the visor sprays years ago but they're pretty ineffective.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

I use a Foggy mask as well, which means the pinlock has less work to do, and it keeps fog off glasses/sunglasses very effectively.
    This fog mask, is it part of the helmet or something separate?

Neoprene thingy which goes over your nose and velcros onto the helmet liner.

http://respro.com/store/product/foggy-mask

£22.99?!?! the last one I bought was in Bikeworld and was under €20. Shop around. You'll get 4 or 5 years of daily use out of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Neoprene thingy which goes over your nose and velcros onto the helmet liner.

http://respro.com/store/product/foggy-mask

£22.99?!?! the last one I bought was in Bikeworld and was under €20. Shop around. You'll get 4 or 5 years of daily use out of one.

Does that actually work?

Even if I breath slightly in the helmet it fogs up

Yeah they work really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Cian_ok

Yeah they work really well.

I second this. As a glasses wearer I used to get all kinds of fogging up. One of these masks stops most of the fogging.
    I only use it for the 6 cold months of the year.

I also have a pinlock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭Goose81

TheShow wrote: »
    now, any suggestions to combat helmet hair?

I just barely dry my hair and put wax in , by the time in work it's dry and then comb. It's a pain in the arse though as stupid as it sounds. If your in an office and have longish hair can look like a scrubber if goes tits up

Sneezed in my helmet yesterday ... I can confirm it doesnt help with anti-fogging or generally trying to keep visor clear!

• Advertisement

Picked up one of those foggy things. Searched around the web and the visorshop.co.uk which turns out to be crossans, which was the best value. InclP&p was c£22. Cheaper than any Irish stockist. And a nice little brucey bonus of a visor cleaner thing thrown in. Foggy works great so far. Would recommend.

Advertisement