Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting housing

Options
  • 25-10-2017 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

hi does anyone know how the cluid housing works I've been as I'm know as sofa surfing for last 4yrs going from freinds to family and having to pay them each time I stay I have two children and desperately want to have somewhere I could bring them or have them.over night I know it's prob long shot doing this but any advice would be greatly appreciated john in dublin 11

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

*I've moved this into the Accommodation & Property forum, it's better suited to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭corks finest

hi does anyone know how the cluid housing works I've been as I'm know as sofa surfing for last 4yrs going from freinds to family and having to pay them each time I stay I have two children and desperately want to have somewhere I could bring them or have them.over night I know it's prob long shot doing this but any advice would be greatly appreciated john in dublin 11
    I'm in cluid 9 plus years want to PM me?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 peakyblinders

hi there thanks for replying can u tell me more about cluids

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Are you actually on a housing list somewhere ,

Gatling wrote: »
    Are you actually on a housing list somewhere ,

yeah I'm on social housing list dublin county council

• Advertisement

Would the job and rent route be an option?
    A single man with no kids living with him isn't a priority for social housing I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

yeah I'm on social housing list dublin county council

And do they know that you are willing to accept voluntary housing? You need to say yes to this question in order to be offered a house by Cluid etc. Many people say no when they apply first, because they don't understand the question

Augeo wrote: »
    Would the job and rent route be an option?
    A single man with no kids living with him isn't a priority for social housing I believe.

I have two kids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

And do they know that you are willing to accept voluntary housing? You need to say yes to this question in order to be offered a house by Cluid etc. Many people say no when they apply first, because they don't understand the question

no I don't think they do know that I be willing to accept voluntary housing n wat the different can u tell me

• Advertisement

van_beano wrote: »
    that's why I trying to get a place to have them.over nite I have access to the all week but no were to bring them have to always take them out n it draining my resources I working to pay others were i stay n it getting too much i just want to pay one payment n not 3 or 4 a week

I have two kids

But they don't live with you and that quite likely won't change should you have a house I imagine from reading between the lines.

But they don't live with you and that quite likely won't change should you have a house I imagine from reading between the lines.

yeah it will change if I have a house they would come n stay with me half week n with herself other half

yeah it will change if I have a house they would come n stay with me half week n with herself other half

From a social housing list point of view you are the same as a single chap with no kids.

Your kids coming over half the week won't make you more of a priority to house.

How much rent could you afford and what area would suit?

I tried going for haps but wat they said they would pay would leave me scrapping my arse off ground

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I tried going for haps but wat they said they would pay would leave me scrapping my arse off ground

Does that article not say it's 990 for a single person?

pilly wrote: »
    Does that article not say it's 990 for a single person?

no man they said they would only pay 500

So you reckon you have a long term housing need but can't be too old if you have young kids?

So you reckon you have a long term housing need but can't be too old if you have young kids?

yeah I have n I'm 44 yrs old

Are you working / available for work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

They will only house you if the council refer you to them while on the list and they accept you,
    They won't deal with you at all ,

It's not how they work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

The best way out of this situation is through employment. It is not easy but you will dig yourself out.

Are you working / available for work?

yeah I'm working

It's a tough situation. I reckon the wait time for a working chap who doesn't have actual dependents to house is more or less forever really unless there's huge investment in providing social housing.

Advertisement