Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€200 exit fee ?

Options
  • 25-10-2017 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

Hi, I recently switched my electricity to another supplier. Today I get final bill from you including a €200 exit fee.

Before I switched I called you and asked to confirm that my was minimum contract time was up, which was confirmed as a 12 months contract.

So:
    1. Why did you charge me €200 exit fee
    2. Where can customers actually find their terms and conditions incl contract length in writing ? Seems impossible to find, and I have no idea why a customer shouldn't have that in his account details online
    3. According to my bill I am in the value reward tariff and the T&Cs online don't even mention any minimum period as opposed to other tariff. I know I had a minimum tariff though and that is why I called to confirm before I switched.

I think I still have a cooling off period with new supplier, so if you lied to me in our phone call two weeks ago and I do have a longer minimum term , I can still un-switch I guess. So time is at the essence here to react. I have date and time of the call I made to you, so it should be no bother for you to listen to the call.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Happy_Harry,

We can certainly look into this query for you here in this department.

Please private message us the relevant Electric Ireland account number, stating that you are the account-holder of this closed account, and confirming your name, address and date of birth.

We will assist as soon as possible today.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Same happend with me. informed I was out of contract via your twitter team so switched to bord gais on 23/10 received call a day or 2 later to say I was in contract with EI and would have to pay 50 euro (not 200euro??) to exit and transferred to bord gais to cancel the switch. received bill from EI up to 24/10 as final bill and bord gais cancelled the switch but are taking 55euro off me on 1/11 via direct debit for quite what I don't know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]Hi there,[/font]

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]We are sorry to read this.[/font]

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]If you cancelled with the other supplier, they should not be billing you. We recommend checking with them.  [/font]

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]If you would like us to check your Electric Ireland account, please send us the following details:[/font]

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]- Your full name[/font]
    [font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]- Your account number[/font]
    [font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]- The first line of your address[/font]
    [font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]- Your contact number or date of birth[/font]
    [font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]- Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)[/font]

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.[/font]

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]Aoife[/font]

Advertisement