Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about my mortgage

• 25-10-2017 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Can I ask a quick question please, I saw a while ago. In another thread about a flyer kbc sent around years ago about anyone on their fixed rate would be put onto a tracker at the end of the fixed rate. We were in that position but never put on a tracker, I asked the bank for all correspondence from that time but they said we chose different rates over the phone.
    I can't remember it as I was only 24 at the time and wasn't really keeping track of it. If we agreed over the phone surely we still would have had to sign something aswell, considering it's a joint mortgage one of us couldn't have made the decision over the phone. Does this sound correct?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

touchwood wrote:
    Can I ask a quick question please, I saw a while ago. In another thread about a flyer kbc sent around years ago about anyone on their fixed rate would be put onto a tracker at the end of the fixed rate. We were in that position but never put on a tracker, I asked the bank for all correspondence from that time but they said we chose different rates over the phone. I can't remember it as I was only 24 at the time and wasn't really keeping track of it. If we agreed over the phone surely we still would have had to sign something aswell, considering it's a joint mortgage one of us couldn't have made the decision over the phone. Does this sound correct?

Ask the bank for a copy of the phone transcript. If it's a joint mortgage it requires two mortgagees to agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

That's not an acceptable response from KBC. They never took an instruction re rates over the phone, you had to complete a form so they must provide you with this form.
    touchwood wrote: »
    Can I ask a quick question please, I saw a while ago. In another thread about a flyer kbc sent around years ago about anyone on their fixed rate would be put onto a tracker at the end of the fixed rate. We were in that position but never put on a tracker, I asked the bank for all correspondence from that time but they said we chose different rates over the phone.
    I can't remember it as I was only 24 at the time and wasn't really keeping track of it. If we agreed over the phone surely we still would have had to sign something aswell, considering it's a joint mortgage one of us couldn't have made the decision over the phone. Does this sound correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭Mitzy

Definately ask the bank for a copy of your original file. Do you have your original loan offer letter? There may be a reference to the conditions of the rates applicable after the fixed rate ended on it in the terms & conditions.
    If you don't have it contact your solicitor as they should have a copy of it on your file also.

Advertisement