Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

overcome dehydration

• 25-10-2017 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

I seem to be constantly dehydrated.  I'm exercising a bit more than normal, which probably explains the feelings of dehydration.  I'm am upping my water intake to help, but to no avail. I wake up with a dry mouth each morning and have slightly swollen fingers (the fingers thing for me is a tell tale sign that I'm dehydrated)
    Anyhow, I'm sipping water at the desk to try and spread my water intake through the day.  But I seem to pee everything out again...Last night I had a glass of water before bed, and peed 3 times in the space of an hour after (this is actually kind of normal for me. been this way throughout my life).  But if I'm so dehydrated right now why is my body not retaining the water it seems to be calling out for?!  kinda frustrating. 
    (had my blood glucose checked a few months back, no issues there)

Any ideas/advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,902 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

have you tried lucosade sport or dioralyte?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Sin1981

I've take those ORS tablets in my water sometimes.. but maybe I need to be doing it once or twice per day??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

How much water do you actually drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Sin1981

I'd say approx 3-3.5L per day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Sin1981 wrote: »
    I'd say approx 3-3.5L per day

You could be depleting electrolytes.

Some that may help: add himalayan salt to diet, magnesium supplement, Bcaas.

Reduce caffeine intake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Dioralyte is the best for rehydration, very high quality. ORS are ok but you need to take two or more to come close to one dioralyte sachet.

Also, what colour is your pee? There's colour coding charts available online. Drinking that amount of water I can't see how you'd be dehydrated (except for the electrolyte depletion) so there may be another reason.

Advertisement