Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok you're an Atheist

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Which is not to say you don't believe in a god. Just not the ones mentioned.

Nope
    I don't believe in God, Kali, unicorns, the flying spaghetti monster, or any other god or gods.

Why do atheists have such a problem with theist beliefs that they spend so much time discussing and deriding those beliefs.
    You don't believe in God, that's your choice.
    Christians do, that's our choice. We're not asking you to believe ( well we are but you get the point I assume!)
    You guys need to get over the fact that some people believe in God and find something else to talk about.
    A&A talks more about God those those in the Christianity forum!

You seem to have missed the point that the OP is actually a pagan and the thread isn't actually about your God

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

smacl wrote: »
    You seem to have missed the point that the OP is actually a pagan and the thread isn't actually about your God

The threads about God's,woo,and magic.....

I'm intrigued with different people's interpretation of evidence ?

There's different types of dance,so let's dance...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

I have evidence you keep emus in your attic and force them to bake fairy cakes.
    I said that out loud and that is my evidence.

....that's how it works yeah?

smokingman wrote: »
    I have evidence you keep emus in your attic and force them to bake fairy cakes.

....that's how it works yeah?

Am seriously,are you for real.

Quit creative with your assumptions....

Next time you're shouting about imaginary bird's,enlighten me in higher case....

Amateurs.....

• Advertisement

Maybe give us a couple of examples of things that led you to believe what you believe so. Most gods, woo and magic that I've come across are largely tools used control the masses for either power or largely selfish gain. Not much difference between snake oil, homeopathy and holy water from where I'm sitting.

Am seriously,are you for real.

Quit creative with your assumptions....

Next time you're shouting about imaginary bird's,enlighten me in higher case....

Amateurs.....

That's not very open minded of you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

looksee wrote: »
    Would you prefer if we came over to Christianity to 'discuss and deride'? :D

You really just can't help yourselves :D
    For people who've no interest in God you sure spend a lot of time talking about him.

Are you sure you're not secret believers but just havent gotten up the courage to come "out"?

You really just can't help yourselves :D
    For people who've no interest in God you sure spend a lot of time talking about him.

Are you sure you're not secret believers but just havent gotten up the courage to come "out"?

Lol
    They're obsessed with God.....

Reminds of the homophobe who's obsessively giving out about gay's,and he inside in a gay sauna 3 nights a week lol

Atheists know more about the Bible and Jesus than Christian's....

Because I learned more about Christianity in the A+A forum than anywhere else....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭GritBiscuit

Ugh...seriously. The smug is oozing out of that one.

Yeah. That's it. Nothing to do with the fascination that grown ups can throw their whole weight behind a story on par with the toothfairy or santa...it's definately cos the forum is crushing on being closet thiests...

• Advertisement

Lol
    They're obsessed with God.....

Reminds of the homophobe who's obsessively giving out about gay's,and he inside in a gay sauna 3 nights a week lol

Atheists know more about the Bible and Jesus than Christian's....

Because I learned more about Christianity in the A+A forum than anywhere else....

So as a pagan, what exactly has you hanging around the A&A and Christianity forums, sauna closed?

That's not very open minded of you...

Well considering you think I'm breeding emu's in a dark attic....

That's an open mind,but obviously open to all types of conclusions...

Are you into bushcraft ?

Well considering you think I'm breeding emu's in a dark attic....

That's an open mind,but obviously open to all types of conclusions...

Are you into bushcraft ?
    I have crafted several bushes.

smacl wrote: »
    So as a pagan, what exactly has you hanging around the A&A and Christianity forums, sauna closed?

Because I'm intrigued with people's perceptions of evidence.....

I'm asking the Atheist not the thiest ?

I'm not making any claim that there's a such thing as God,woo,or magic...

I love the land and appreciate nature...

Atheism comes from the Abrahamic religion's....

I have crafted several bushes.

Well you must be smoking the clippings, I hear cratageus burn's well this time of year.

I wouldn't smoke taxus, they're poisonous.

The berries are nice though.

Atheism comes from the Abrahamic religion's....

I'm pretty sure there were atheists before then.
    ...unless you have evidence otherwise?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Second outing for this video in a week!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

it's definately cos the forum is crushing on being closet thiests...
    Second only to "you're an atheist because it's fashionable just now" - which I've always felt says much more about the person claiming it than the target...

I wouldn't think so, I've no evidence but I'm sure they may have thought about whether there's a God or not.

Don't call me Otherwise....

You're the one making the claim .... where's the proof?

• Advertisement

You're the one making the claim .... where's the proof?

I have just said it out loud AND carved the claim into the skin of an elderberry.
    QED.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭GritBiscuit

robindch wrote:
    Second only to "you're an atheist because it's fashionable just now" - which I've always felt says much more about the person claiming it than the target...

Ha! No parsnip buttering with that classic...which has to be closely followed by "you'll grow out of it". Been hearing that for over 30 years now. Is there a specific point I get to state categorically it's definately not "a stage"? :-D

robindch wrote: »

Actually it's becoming unfashionable being an Atheist these days.

People are getting tired of the anti religion brigade and non stop moaning about the church and politics being influenced by religion.

As a pagan I just sit back and thinks to myself, what a waste of time glorifying the fact I ain't a stamp collector or conductor on the bus to hell.

Ugh...seriously. The smug is oozing out of that one.

Yeah. That's it. Nothing to do with the fascination that grown ups can throw their whole weight behind a story on par with the toothfairy or santa...it's definately cos the forum is crushing on being closet thiests...

I have the evidence of my own life and the change there has been in it.

And "smug" isn't the sole domain of theists.

As for the other poster saying athiests know more a out the Bible than theists.
    For the most part it's correct though I was in Asia recently teaching from it so I'm probably not in that demographic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭emo72

... That don't impress me much....

I have just said it out loud AND carved the claim into the skin of an elderberry.
    QED.

Try a medlar...lol

Well anyhow I love plant's like yourself,I'm laying hedge's at the moment.... planting a few Hollies to deter the wickity witch ;)

Try a medlar...lol

Well anyhow I love plant's like yourself,I'm laying hedge's at the moment.... planting a few Hollies to deter the wickity witch ;)

I'm more of a copper beech man myself.
    How do hollies keep witches away by the way?

I have the evidence of my own life and the change there has been in it.

And "smug" isn't the sole domain of theists.

As for the other poster saying athiests know more a out the Bible than theists.
    For the most part it's correct though I was in Asia recently teaching from it so I'm probably not in that demographic.

Seriously though,if you want to know about biblical studies,ask the Atheists here, they're well informed.

Catholics don't read the Bible much,I think the king James is their favourite to quote from.

I learned about mother Theresa here,the crucades,the Iona institute and much more...

I put my hands up and admire this forum for its rich knowledge about Christianity.

I'm more of a copper beech man myself.
    How do hollies keep witches away by the way?

It's some old pisheog, apparently planting a Holly tree in a hawthorn hedge deters witches, supposedly witches travel along hedge's.

I've an interest in folklore myself.

• Advertisement

It's some old pisheog, apparently planting a Holly tree in a hawthorn hedge deters witches, supposedly witches travel along hedge's.

I've an interest in folklore myself.

Used to get loads of those stories from my dad. He's pretty much the dad from that movie "Big Fish" except without the funeral and with banshee stories and the likes instead of giants.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement