Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok you're an Atheist

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

I've been informed by a mod that I'm upsetting people on this thread, it's quite clear that debating here is a no go area for anyone who doesn't tow the line of inconsistencies.

Anyhow the best place for me is to say I'm out of here.
    Too many soft people and not enough tough people.
    Anything but Atheism forum is that way......its plain to see which one is more tellerant and less snowflakey....

Tally ho youz

It's adorable when they can't find anything else to say and run off crying about snowflakes.

It's so...sneauxflaykey.

I'd have more sympathy (well, not much more, but a tiny bit) if his opening post hadn't been rude, accusatory and generally obnoxious for absolutely no reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Ahh the ould Christians V Atheist battle

May I offer a token gesture in an attempt to bring back some harmony?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

smacl wrote: »
    Maybe a bit of introspection is called for, there might just be a common denominator you're missing somewhere :rolleyes:

That could be said both ways..

I suspect quite a few potential posters avoid this forum for similar reasons..

I'm neither Christian nor religious but i do find the posters on that forum a lot more tolerant of opposing views. Unfortunately most threads tend to get derailed by the numerous atheists who strangely also love to hang out there.

But there's a definite level of hostility aimed at anyone who doesn't tow the party line in this forum and it drives people who might have genuine questions and more "moderate" views away..

Is what it is though.. I stay away myself for the same reasons.. Hadn't been in for a while, happened across this thread on the front page and clicked in for a read..

Same posters still rattling on about woo and sky faries ad nauseum.

Each to their own I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

it's quite clear that debating here is a no go

YOU are the only one not going to debate though. Take the first post I made on this thread for example. You replied to the entire post, but responded with nothing but a silly comment about Micheal Nugent.

How can anyone "debate" with you if all you do is dodge, ignore, spew irrelevancies, and play the victim card?

You know "debate" is a two way conversation right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,742 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You don't believe in God,woo,magic or a spiritual realm.
    True, if a bit stating the obvious.
    You don't accept any evidence put forward by anyone who are not putting up scientific evidence.
    We could test that statement if any evidence at all had been put forward.
    Then when someone puts forward their own theory, they're ran ragged trying to explain what they mean.
    This was dealt with, its called defending your argument.
    Agnostics seem to have more of an interest and willing to be more open minded.
    Are they? More of an interest and more open minded about what? Where are you getting your information from?
    What's the point in having an Atheism and Agnosticism forum ?
    What's the point in any forum - oh yes, to discuss and debate and share interests
    All I read now is something to do with half baked politics, abortion, Iona institutions....and other boring debates.

Sorry you are bored, maybe find something a bit easier?
    Is this forum getting to snow flakey ?

There are undoubtedly snowflakes in the forum, but it isn't the A&As.

So, having dealt with the opening post, and considering the OP has left the discussion, is there anything worth pursuing in it or shall we just let it die?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm just waiting on an atheist to actually prove God doesn't exist.

Just saying he doesn't and you don't believe in God, sky fairies or woos ( whatever they are) doesn't prove anything....I don't believe in sky fairies either. Not sure about woos ( need to find out what they are).

The facts are that I've an experience of a spiritual dimension which the denizens of A&A don't believe in/ haven't had. You can't disprove it. I've no need to prove it.

Come to think of it, the same can be said of some in the Christianity forum who believe that once certain rites are performed they are good to go...but that's another debate:D

But it's the same old circle..I don't believe in God etc therefore He doesn't exist routine.
    I would assume we'll see less athiests in Christianity from now on since you are adamant you don't have a preoccupation with Him or talk a lot about Him.
    Why put all that effort into arguing about something you don't believe in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

smacl wrote: »
    Sounds like the story of the woman who slept with every man in the area and then publicly announced they were all lousy in bed. Maybe a bit of introspection is called for, there might just be a common denominator you're missing somewhere :rolleyes:

Sounds very interesting,but you're not in a position to be telling anyone about common denominators or introspection.

I'm more into debating without any of us getting upset or telling tales to moderators....

Anything myself or the Christian says here is just basically shat on..... twisted and smugly brushed under the carpet.

I can see where he or she is coming from and we both have valid points, like I said to Robindch in a pm I'm convinced that A+A is frequented by bots.....

I'm just waiting on an atheist to actually prove God doesn't exist.

Just saying he doesn't and you don't believe in God, sky fairies or woos ( whatever they are) doesn't prove anything....I don't believe in sky fairies either. Not sure about woos ( need to find out what they are).

The facts are that I've an experience of a spiritual dimension which the denizens of A&A don't believe in/ haven't had. You can't disprove it. I've no need to prove it.

Come to think of it, the same can be said of some in the Christianity forum who believe that once certain rites are performed they are good to go...but that's another debate:D

But it's the same old circle..I don't believe in God etc therefore He doesn't exist routine.
    I would assume we'll see less athiests in Christianity from now on since you are adamant you don't have a preoccupation with Him or talk a lot about Him.
    Why put all that effort into arguing about something you don't believe in?

They don't know the meaning of Atheism.

Politics should be in the political forum.

Abortion should be in After hours.

YOU are the only one not going to debate though. Take the first post I made on this thread for example. You replied to the entire post, but responded with nothing but a silly comment about Micheal Nugent.

How can anyone "debate" with you if all you do is dodge, ignore, spew irrelevancies, and play the victim card?

You know "debate" is a two way conversation right?

You're the one who posted some silly attempt of comedy by Michael Nugent which has been flogged to death by Hitches and Dawkins.

How can I debate in a forum where people go running to moderator's saying I'm upsetting them.
    We're all adults here.

Anyhow I said I was walking away,but yet you persist on getting a response from me.

looksee wrote: »
    True, if a bit stating the obvious.

We could test that statement if any evidence at all had been put forward.

This was dealt with, its called defending your argument.

Are they? More of an interest and more open minded about what? Where are you getting your information from?

What's the point in any forum - oh yes, to discuss and debate and share interests

Sorry you are bored, maybe find something a bit easier?

There are undoubtedly snowflakes in the forum, but it isn't the A&As.

So, having dealt with the opening post, and considering the OP has left the discussion, is there anything worth pursuing in it or shall we just let it die?

Nice one the op leaves the discussion,but yet a moderator decides to keep up the discussion....

It's like talking to something which doesn't exist lol

Irony at its best, kiddo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,742 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Mod: Beefburrito - we are not going to dumb down A&A to accommodate your inability to understand the nature of the forum. Please take a 24 hour holiday from the forum.

Closing this thread as it really does not seem to have anything further to offer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

robindch wrote: »
    Unfortunately, some posters stop by A+A, post a few unhelpful messages and head away again [...] if the best you can do is contribute at the low tone you're currently using, then as above, it's likely that neither you nor this thread will survive very long into the future.
    its plain to see which one is more tellerant and less snowflakey....
    Says the poster heading out the door because he/she can't stand the heat.

:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement