Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much mobile data does the average person use?

Options
  • 25-10-2017 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

I am moving abroad soon and will need a new phone plan. I currently have unlimited data so I’ve never had to measure it. I know everyone’s data use will be different but I’m just looking for an estimate.

For someone who uses their phone frequently enough for Facebook, Whatsapp etc, what do you reckon the average monthly data useage would be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

One thing I can guarantee you: if you’re on iPhone it’s a lot more than Android (I have both). Make sure you turn off App Store access on Mobile Data on iPhone, iPhone apps are way bigger (5-10x).

I get by on 5GB/month just about, but occasionally need more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

I am moving abroad soon and will need a new phone plan. I currently have unlimited data so I’ve never had to measure it. I know everyone’s data use will be different but I’m just looking for an estimate.

For someone who uses their phone frequently enough for Facebook, Whatsapp etc, what do you reckon the average monthly data useage would be?

You can look at your data useage on your phone in most cases. What phone is it?

I range from 4GB to 9GB depending on how much video calling / video streaming like netflix i do per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Multiply the monthly average mileage (in kms) you do in your car by 1,000,000, that's the average amount of data you use in a week.

If you have an Android phone you can get the information by looking in Settings/Connections/Data Usage. Your network probably allows you to logon and see how much you have used since your last billing cut-off, it may even have a history log where you can see back a year or more.

If you're on Vodafone you can install an app and it will tell you your usage since the last billing cut-off, you can also logon on a browser and get the same information.

Advertisement