Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fcebook posts...

• 25-10-2017 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,542 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Is there any way at all of blocking someone on Facebook from seeing what you comment on? Have this very annoying and intrusive friend that keeps commenting and following stuff I happen to comment on. And giving their opinion which I have no interest in or particularly asked for. It's quite annoying, almost to the point of stalker-ish. I don't want to delete them though that is the obvious solution.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

road_high wrote: »
    Is there any way at all of blocking someone on Facebook from seeing what you comment on? Have this very annoying and intrusive friend that keeps commenting and following stuff I happen to comment on. And giving their opinion which I have no interest in or particularly asked for. It's quite annoying, almost to the point of stalker-ish. I don't want to delete them though that is the obvious solution.
    Cheers.

Yes, go into their profile and block the user.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,542 ✭✭✭✭road_high

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Yes, go into their profile and block the user.

Right thanks- trying this but can't see under which tab I can do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Cheers.

You can create groups of people and decide what they see.

Add them to their own little group and they won't have a breeze but will still see everything from before you moved them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Doing that removes them I think?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

On the andoird app, go in to the profile then just under their profile pic you will see an icon with 3 dots, click that then click on block.

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote: »
    On the andoird app, go in to the profile then just under their profile pic you will see an icon with 3 dots, click that then click on block.

Thanks, how do I do this in Windows? (not on Android)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Coraline Dazzling Bubble

You can still be friends but change them to acquantances or on your posts - see by location/time theres a thing saying public, click on it and then change to friends except and enter their name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭flexcon

Cheers.

When creating a post click on the grey friends box. You will then see an option that says " Friends excluding...:

You put in the name of the person there. That means from then on all your posts will be hidden from this person only.

Kill it with fire.

You can still be friends but change them to acquantances or on your posts - see by location/time theres a thing saying public, click on it and then change to friends except and enter their name

Right thanks. I've changed them to acquaintances now. What will this mean? They can no longer see stuff I comment on (hopefully)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

If you're talking about comments you make on public posts, I don't think you can change their access to that? Let's say you follow a Facebook page about dogs. They share a video of a collie and you comment beneath it "This dog is so cute". I don't believe that there is a way of stopping someone that you are friends with on Facebook from seeing that or commenting on it. Now, if you were to share that dog post on your own page, you'd be able to control the privacy and exclude them, but to my knowledge you don't have that luxury on public posts.

If you're talking about comments you make on public posts, I don't think you can change their access to that? Let's say you follow a Facebook page about dogs. They share a video of a collie and you comment beneath it "This dog is so cute". I don't believe that there is a way of stopping someone that you are friends with on Facebook from seeing that or commenting on it. Now, if you were to share that dog post on your own page, you'd be able to control the privacy and exclude them, but to my knowledge you don't have that luxury on public posts.

Yea that's exactly what I'm after, I don't want them seeing stuff I comment on.
    It's such a shame if you can't restrict this aspect of FB then.

Advertisement