Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Ireland

Options
  • 25-10-2017 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

Just looking at buying a Dell Inspiron from the Dell Ireland site and I'm a tad confused by the setup there.

Am I correct in assuming that the desktops listed include a wired keyboard and mouse but no monitor?

I can't see any option to add a monitor from the customisation options either.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Just looking at buying a Dell Inspiron from the Dell Ireland site and I'm a tad confused by the setup there.

Am I correct in assuming that the desktops listed include a wired keyboard and mouse but no monitor?

I can't see any option to add a monitor from the customisation options either.

Which Model Inspiron ?

Some include mouse/keyboard as default, sometimes an optional extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Which Model Inspiron ?

Some include mouse/keyboard as default, sometimes an optional extra.

Any of the Inspirons I looked at Gerard.

I can't see any option to add a monitor for any of them.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Picked a few Inspiron models and could add a monitor no problem. Once you add the desktop to your basket, it then listed accessories to add, which included a monitor option. Some of inspiron machines come with a monitor included.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Ah! so you have to add it to the basket in order to add a monitor...

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Ernest

Their website for desktops is bewildering. Sometimes they show a desktop with monitor included in price but its not clear if keyboard and mouse are included or not. One offer with monitor included in price on one page of their website then invites user to add the monitor for an extra price in another page. Really terrible website.

• Advertisement
Advertisement