Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit Fees and Charges within EU Query

Options
  • 25-10-2017 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a quick query in relation to using my Visa Debit Card in Italy in a couple of weeks. Could you tell me please do I understand correctly that the fees for both ATM withdrawals as well as using card to pay for purchases within the EU are exactly as at home? Or does cross bother charge or other extra charge apply?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi,
    I have a quick query in relation to using my Visa Debit Card in Italy in a couple of weeks. Could you tell me please do I understand correctly that the fees for both ATM withdrawals as well as using card to pay for purchases within the EU are exactly as at home? Or does cross bother charge or other extra charge apply?

Many thanks.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Yes, you're right in saying that using the card in any country that would use the Euro currency would be the exact same as using your card within the Republic of Ireland. A cross boarder charge would only apply when your using your card in a different currency.
    We'd still ask you to place travel notice on your card if you're using anywhere outside Ireland, you can do this through 365 online and I've given a video here that shows how you can do this.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Luna Moon Hunter

Hi there,

Yes, you're right in saying that using the card in any country that would use the Euro currency would be the exact same as using your card within the Republic of Ireland. A cross boarder charge would only apply when your using your card in a different currency.
    We'd still ask you to place travel notice on your card if you're using anywhere outside Ireland, you can do this through 365 online and I've given a video here that shows how you can do this.

Darren.

Thanks Darren, that's great. Yeah, I actually placed travel notice a couple of days ago and got a text the next morning - Thank you for your travel notification. If you lose your card when abroad, please contact .. So is that it?

Thanks for all your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi there,

Darren.

Thanks Darren, that's great. Yeah, I actually placed travel notice a couple of days ago and got a text the next morning - Thank you for your travel notification. If you lose your card when abroad, please contact .. So is that it?

Thanks for all your help.

Thanks for your reply. That's absolutely perfect, that's all should have to do when your going to be using your card abroad. All that's left to do now is to enjoy your trip :).
    Thanks again for getting in touch,
    Darren.  

Advertisement