Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting my account sorted out.

Options
  • 25-10-2017 1:05pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok, coming to the Boards.ie reps as a last resort.

16th March 2017. I ordered an iPhone 7 32GB on contract from loyalty, having been sim-only. On the understanding with the rep that it would not start a new contract with broadband etc.
    Agent agreed, put order through. I checked later on, and sure enough, everything was reset to start 16th March, mobile, broadband etc.
    I rang loyalty and they could see what happened adn agreed to put it back the way it was, broadband and sim-only. Becasue Eir couldn't stop the order going through (They had a couple of days, but thats Eir), I ws advised to refuse the phone from the courier and have it returned on 21st March after the bank holiday. I did this, and had it confirmed by loyalty that it was received back into stock from your courier about 2 weeks later 
    Since then I have had the outstanding amount for the phone on my dashboard, €249.00
    I have called CS about 20 times asking them to remove the amount. They read through the notes, agree its shocking, apologise and promise to fix it. Then my next bill is paid, and back up comes the €249 showing as owed to Eir. I have a bank statement showing I pad this and it was refunded to me. yet still it appears on my dashboard. I get a monthly trext saying my bill is running high for the month because of it.
    Then, last month I get a call from accounts for the "outstanding" balance of €249. He can do nothing about fixing the problem.
    Back on to loyalty - 3 times. The last lady was extremely helpful, even calling me back to tell me that problem was sorted, the proper bill would be deducted, and the €249 removed. She did say, as the first again said - the amount is disputed. This seems to be the crux of the problem. the amount isn't disputed. Eir are charging me for a phone I didn't get. Putting it into dispute isn't solving the problem, it is kicking it down the road for the future. My dashboard, yet again 7 months later, is still showing that I "owe" €249 to Eir. vecause this is disputed, I know I will get a call from accounts again telling me that I am in arrears, and that I may not have paid due to an "oversight".
    I have been on to Loyalty, as I say, about 20 times.
    I have gone through the community page on the Eir website.
    I have tried webchat.
    Is there anyone in your organisation that can actually fix this properly?

Sorry for the long post, but it is a long drawn out story.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

whiterebel wrote: »
    Ok, coming to the Boards.ie reps as a last resort.

16th March 2017. I ordered an iPhone 7 32GB on contract from loyalty, having been sim-only. On the understanding with the rep that it would not start a new contract with broadband etc.
    Agent agreed, put order through. I checked later on, and sure enough, everything was reset to start 16th March, mobile, broadband etc.
    I rang loyalty and they could see what happened adn agreed to put it back the way it was, broadband and sim-only. Becasue Eir couldn't stop the order going through (They had a couple of days, but thats Eir), I ws advised to refuse the phone from the courier and have it returned on 21st March after the bank holiday. I did this, and had it confirmed by loyalty that it was received back into stock from your courier about 2 weeks later 
    Since then I have had the outstanding amount for the phone on my dashboard, €249.00
    I have called CS about 20 times asking them to remove the amount. They read through the notes, agree its shocking, apologise and promise to fix it. Then my next bill is paid, and back up comes the €249 showing as owed to Eir. I have a bank statement showing I pad this and it was refunded to me. yet still it appears on my dashboard. I get a monthly trext saying my bill is running high for the month because of it.
    Then, last month I get a call from accounts for the "outstanding" balance of €249. He can do nothing about fixing the problem.
    Back on to loyalty - 3 times. The last lady was extremely helpful, even calling me back to tell me that problem was sorted, the proper bill would be deducted, and the €249 removed. She did say, as the first again said - the amount is disputed. This seems to be the crux of the problem. the amount isn't disputed. Eir are charging me for a phone I didn't get. Putting it into dispute isn't solving the problem, it is kicking it down the road for the future. My dashboard, yet again 7 months later, is still showing that I "owe" €249 to Eir. vecause this is disputed, I know I will get a call from accounts again telling me that I am in arrears, and that I may not have paid due to an "oversight".
    I have been on to Loyalty, as I say, about 20 times.
    I have gone through the community page on the Eir website.
    I have tried webchat.
    Is there anyone in your organisation that can actually fix this properly?

Sorry for the long post, but it is a long drawn out story.
    Hi whiterebel, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

I'm very sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you have been having with ourselves. I understand this is frustrating. 

Would you like to PM me your account details and name on the account and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I sent my details through to you 

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

whiterebel wrote: »
    Anything?
    Hi whiterebel,

I sincerely apologise for the delay here. Tracey has been out of the office for the past few days. If you'd like to PM me your details I'll look into this for you.

- Adam

Advertisement