Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon camera on the way

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Well I'm glad I sent my Canary back to Amazon yesterday, Canary will be dead with this news.

Free 24 hours recordings and notifications for up to 3 cameras, very nice.

Also the Amazon Key service looks pretty cool. I heard about this service last week, but without the camera and people were saying that there was no way they would use a service like this, how could you trust the delivery guy. I was thinking to myself, all Amazon have to do is add a camera in the hallway and it would work fine. And now look what they have :)

BTW I suspect that Nest will have to improve their basic "free" service now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ha and I just took delivery of an Arlo Q yesterday.
    Surely the arrival of this, along with the Arlo offerings will force Nest to offer some sort of reasonable free service.

Arlo was very simple to set up by the way, is extremely small and vidoe quality seems initially good. About 2 seconds delay with the feed which is a big improvement on the Canary.

The app is easy enough to use but found the Canary app more intuitive.

The Amazon one I`d say will sell very well and looks to be priced very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

OU812 wrote: »
    Giving Nest a run for their money. I’m interested in this. Might just ditch nest unless they reduce their subscription fees

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/10/25/amazon-cloud-cam-amazon-key/

Ooh I'm very interested in this.

Are we talking £99 per camera here?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ooh I'm very interested in this.

Are we talking £99 per camera here?

Possibly, whenever they are released this side of the pond.

No sign of pre orders on the UK site.

adox wrote: »
    Possibly, whenever they are released this side of the pond.

No sign of pre orders on the UK site.

It's priced very well (if its £99) and i could see Amazon doing a special offer on buying multiples (£50 off three Echos recently)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Indoor only? Just spotted the ring floodlight cam in Harvey Norman today and thinking of replacing front floodlight with it, waiting on my 3rd ring pro though so not entirely sure whether to do that or not..

• Registered Users Posts: 48 1983ish

I’ll keep any eye for these at that price.
    Although I’m very happy with the Logi circle that does fairly much the same.
    With the circle 2 out now/soon they should come down in price.
    Choices are always good

copacetic wrote: »
    Indoor only? Just spotted the ring floodlight cam in Harvey Norman today and thinking of replacing front floodlight with it, waiting on my 3rd ring pro though so not entirely sure whether to do that or not..

I'm only looking for an indoor camera at the moment to replace my Canary Camera. You'd imagine that an outdoor option wouldn't be to far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 1983ish

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'm only looking for an indoor camera at the moment to replace my Canary Camera. You'd imagine that an outdoor option wouldn't be to far away.

For an indoor camera I can’t recommend the Logicircle highly enough

1983ish wrote: »
    For an indoor camera I can’t recommend the Logicircle highly enough

Yea I've been tempted a few times but I'm waiting on Black Friday. I'll be keeping an eye on this now though as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I've a Logi Circle, got it last Black Friday for £60! Great deal.

I was using it as a baby cam, but now that I've sent back my Canary, I'm using in place of the Canary as a security cam.

Works extremely well, I find the app and streaming and notifications actually better then Canary.

Only downside is it definitely looks like a camera (canary didn't) and it has no built in siren (not the end of the world, I can talk to the burgular with the circle! :)

Circle 2 comes as an outdoor waterproof and battery version. Looks cool too.

Obviously no guarantees on subs etc. But a very nice camera and system imo.

Advertisement