Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Cool and not a nook in sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Oh, he's there alright, visits if you buy his chair for 250 leaf tickets. Same with KK Slider!

Yay, take that non believers you will soon be pocket raped by the worlds greatest Tanuki.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Anyone else playing this yet?
    It's out in Australia so the APK is out there. Just can't link to your non-Aussie Nintendo account.

So far it's a little underwhelming. It has all the elements of Animal Crossing except the charm. And the charm is what made AC work. There's very little skill in fishing or bug catching, I don't see any museum for donating any rare finds to, and there's a massive focus on buying those tickets - ironically, though he's not in it and there's a new loan shark in town, the cost of the Tom Nook chair to bring him into the game is about all there is of a hook.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 patrick 3759

Mr E wrote: »

Looks like really polished, full Animal Crossing game. :)

It's most definetly not a "full" animal crossing game. For a mobile game it's good, but it gets repetitive very quickly.

The core concept is you collect the same items, fruit, fish, bugs etc over and over again and trade them in return for resources to make items for your van or camp.
    Resources are increasingly hard to accumulate to make anything significant, it would take a lot of time.
    The bugs and fish are almost always the same.

The range of customisation options is very much like a full animal crossing game. But that's about it.

The fishing, bug catching, harvesting is very watered down and basic.

I still rate this game but it doesn't hold a candle to the console iterations.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I bored of it a few days in unfortunately, much like any other mobile game I've tried. The only positive I can take away is that its reinvigorated my love for Animal Crossing so I'm playing through it again on my 3DS (picking all the weeds, that is :P)

same here. It's pointless. You start with a number of every kind of fruit tree and they restock every 3 hours. The only way to gather building materials is to fulfill random foraging material requests. Foraging is a soulless, skill-free exercise in tapping the screen occasionally. Once a character visits your campsite once, they'll hang around forever regardless of how you treat the place. You're not really building towards or working towards anything and everything always looks great. When you're away from a real AC town, it falls apart, people move away, flowers die, weeds grow. Everything you've worked for decays. You have to go back - your friends need you!

In short - you don't have that sense of responsibility that Animal Crossing is supposed to give you, that brings you back day after day.

Really disappointed by this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Now out worldwide:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nintendo.zaca

(iOS too - search from appstore)

Can't link my NNID keep getting an error am signed in fine and can see my mii.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Can't link my NNID keep getting an error am signed in fine and can see my mii.

Took ages for that to work for me. Only thing I can think of is that it finally worked for me when my phone was in 4G. Not sure if that was why it worked but maybe.

• Advertisement

If you get it linked, on top of the 100 leaf bonus there's a zero-cost 1-off reward of 50 leaves on my Nintendo to claim. That's a big chunk off the Nook paywall.

Advertisement