Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Origins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The crocodile is some bastard :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I understand, I hate stuff being ruined lately, and everyone is doing it. So nowadays I watch the initial trailer, a gameplay trailer and nothing more. It's why I got a not so nice surprise with the upgrade system in NFS Payback, I just expected another NFS game as normal!

What a truly vile progression system that game has!
    I'd have bought that game at full price if it was good!
    Now, I don't think I'd even bother downloading it for free when it eventually goes to the EA Access vault :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just finished the main story, that was awful last mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

For a game mode that Ubisoft recycles in all of their games - this game is very meh. Was very excited for it and while the graphics and surroundings are absolutely gorgeous the quests are ridiculously boring. The game is basically far cry re-skinned, it doesn't feel like an AC game. I'm playing on hard and the fights are piss easy. Only lvl 20 but hopefully it will pick up but man it's such a very average game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

One trophy away from the platinum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Battleflag wrote: »
    For a game mode that Ubisoft recycles in all of their games - this game is very meh. Was very excited for it and while the graphics and surroundings are absolutely gorgeous the quests are ridiculously boring. The game is basically far cry re-skinned, it doesn't feel like an AC game. I'm playing on hard and the fights are piss easy. Only lvl 20 but hopefully it will pick up but man it's such a very average game.

This is what holds me back from buying the game

It looks stunning has a few new changes to the overall system but in the end your still doing the same boring ass missions that were present in 4 ,unity ,syndicate

biggebruv wrote: »

It looks stunning has a few new changes to the overall system but in the end your still doing the same boring ass missions that were present in 4 ,unity ,syndicate

It is an AC game at heart even with the many changes, but it's infinitely better than Unity and Syndicate and I liked those. It's world is a genuinely fun to explore, there is some repetition for sure but to say it's like Far Cry is not fair at all. The missions structure is different to previous games, much more like an rpg game.

I'm someone who suffers from "open world fatigue" and this didn't happen me at all with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Origins is in no way like Far Cry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

biggebruv wrote: »

Buy it and thank us later. The game is awesome.

Going for the old habits trophy at the moment, wish too god I'd kept up with clearing out the ? zone too zone, would have saved me alot of work now.

• Advertisement

Going for the old habits trophy at the moment, wish too god I'd kept up with clearing out the ? zone too zone, would have saved me alot of work now.

Yeah I was quite systematic about that before moving on to a new part of the map. It helps if you do the sync points first. 99% of them will be on the map then, but the zoom and the fact they vanish at a certain point isn't helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I said I'd hold off on this game due to being skeptical of the changes Ubisoft were making (and if they'd change anything at all really) and due to AC fatigue.

Have decided to get it for Xmas. Will give it a shot, as reviews and general reception seems to be really good.

Yeah I was quite systematic about that before moving on to a new part of the map. It helps if you do the sync points first. 99% of them will be on the map then, but the zoom and the fact they vanish at a certain point isn't helpful.

I have been all synced I think, I have all the elephant camps done at least, they were tough bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

It is an AC game at heart even with the many changes, but it's infinitely better than Unity and Syndicate and I liked those. It's world is a genuinely fun to explore, there is some repetition for sure but to say it's like Far Cry is not fair at all. The missions structure is different to previous games, much more like an rpg game.

I'm someone who suffers from "open world fatigue" and this didn't happen me at all with this.

I will play it but I’m waiting till it’s a bit cheaper maybe around 25euros
    It’s down to 40euro in smiths already so maybe around Xmas I could pick it up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I have been all synced I think, I have all the elephant camps done at least, they were tough bastards.

F*ck Dumbo.

F*ck Dumbo.

I especially hated the camp with two of them!

Just when I thought I had all the ? done last night another one would pop up!

gif_fuuu-vi.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

I got the last Steam achievement for this today .

I finished the story and side quests about a week ago , and spent the last while finishing off the remaining camps , locations and achievements .

I left the elephants until last ( I hated them and the chariot racing ) .

My overall impressions are much more positive than negative .

I enjoyed the game but found the weapon system a bit tedious ( I ended up selling / dismantling most of them due to the sheer amount of swords , bows etc I amassed during my playthrough .

I would have preferred if Ubisoft had left Unicorns , flaming swords , flaming horses (nightmare pack )and similar stuff out of the game .

I enjoyed the scenery , the little details .

The sound effects worked well in 5.1 .

The combat at first I wasn't too sure about but it grew on me .

Judging by this installment , I'd buy the next outing of Assassin's Creed :D

Those f'n chariot races felt rigged , only did enough for the achievement. You'd be going along grand only to have the nitrous button pressed from behind to catch you on the line.

Those f'n chariot races felt rigged , only did enough for the achievement. You'd be going along grand only to have the nitrous button pressed from behind to catch you on the line.

I only did the training one, once!
    Never been back!
    Awful thing altogether!
    Rather hang around Krokodilopolis all day getting bit by crocs every 5 seconds, than go back :D

Finished all ? marks on the map, spent ages last night combing the map for it, didn't pick anything when you play as
    Aya, except for looting guards
    can't find the one I missed.

1x8Kw_s-200x150.gif

• Advertisement

Those f'n chariot races felt rigged , only did enough for the achievement.
    Same here .
    marcbrophy wrote: »
    I only did the training one, once!
    Never been back!
    Awful thing altogether!
    Rather hang around Krokodilopolis all day getting bit by crocs every 5 seconds, than go back :D

I thought that the tutorial race was harder than the real ones .
    Couldn't win the tutorial but won enough of the real races to get the achievement .
    Finished all ? marks on the map, spent ages last night combing the map for it, didn't pick anything when you play as
    Aya, except for looting guards
    can't find the one I missed.

There are a couple of quests that only appear when you get near them , same as the Hotep Cavern - it only appears when you get near it .

ninja 12 wrote: »
    I thought that the tutorial race was harder than the real ones .
    Couldn't win the tutorial but won enough of the real races to get the achievement .

I might go back to them so! I need money and I like achievements :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I might go back to them so! I need money and I like achievements :D

You only need to win the first tournament for the achievement .

There are three races in it .

I came 1st in the first race , 2nd in the second race and either 1st or 2nd ( can't remember ) in the third race and got the Steam/Uplay Ben-Hur achievement .

It goes by points allocated for coming 1st,2nd ,3rd ect.

No need to come 1st in all three races (thankfully)

ninja 12 wrote: »

There are a couple of quests that only appear when you get near them , same as the Hotep Cavern - it only appears when you get near it .

Finally got the plat last night, it was an enemy base I was missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Got this today on PSN for 40 bucks. I like how it looks and sounds but there is something not quite right with the controls. other than that quite an enjoyable romp. Glad I waited for a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Got this today on PSN for 40 bucks. I like how it looks and sounds but there is something not quite right with the controls. other than that quite an enjoyable romp. Glad I waited for a sale.

I thought that myself at first, it was my only gripe for the first few hours but trust me you'll get used to it. It's a great game!

Yeah same, felt like dark souls controls. Forgot about it after I got into the game.

I know a lot have probably finished this one and moved on by now, but for those of us that still have it, today's xbox patch brings a much needed feature!

An uncompleted locations filter for the map! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

*bump* I picked this up a few days ago and I'm rather enjoying it. I've not played an AC game since Black Flag, so the changes introduced are welcome. I'm not really enjoying the combat as I haven't really figured it out, so it feels clumsy and random. The different bows are a nice idea, took some getting used to.

It runs like ass on my PC though (which is no slouch). Averaging only 40ish FPS with things on medium. Not terribly impressed, but I'm already speccing upgrades :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

It ran fine in Ultra on my 1080 but hammered my 5960X CPU (not copy protection apparently) but it was over 60% usage for the 1st time in its life.

The combat is different but once you get the hang of it is an improvement.

Advertisement