Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Origins

Options

Comments

It's set 4 years after the main story if I recall. It's probably worth the 9.99 I paid but it's really just more of the same in a new area and raising the level cap which I failed to see the need for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone any interest in the discovery mode?
    It was due to go live on the 20th I believe.
    Haven't tried it myself yet, but I will have an interest all the same :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Anyone any interest in the discovery mode?
    It was due to go live on the 20th I believe.
    Haven't tried it myself yet, but I will have an interest all the same :)

Ran through it the other night for the new achievements. It's just a series of narrated walking tours through different locations of the game really. The ones I did were interesting enough. They range in length from 4 minutes to 20 minutes ish. Seemed to be quite a few of them.

Ran through it the other night for the new achievements. It's just a series of narrated walking tours through different locations of the game really. The ones I did were interesting enough. They range in length from 4 minutes to 20 minutes ish. Seemed to be quite a few of them.

Cool, I'll give it a look and get the achievements anyway.
    I saw a preview a few weeks back and I like the idea of a narrated tour, but I'm just wondering how it'll keep interest for more than 60 mins or so :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Cool, I'll give it a look and get the achievements anyway.
    I saw a preview a few weeks back and I like the idea of a narrated tour, but I'm just wondering how it'll keep interest for more than 60 mins or so :)

Takes 3 hours if you were to sit through them to meet the requirements for the achievements, fortunately when you get bored you can just run through the markers and only fully listen to the last one for it to complete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

The Hidden Ones I believe is based a bit after the end of the main campaign. Continues the story a bit. I'd say they're warey about what DLC they will throw out now, as they have built a fantastic foundation for another Ezio quality trilogy. But I haven't played the DLC, so don't know how that will pan out.

Ah sure it turns out I got the season pass so I might as well install the dlc.

Did anyone pick up The Curse of the Pharaohs DLC?

Played for about 2 hours last night, first impression was that it added a fair sized area to the game then as I progressed realised it added even more. Really though it's just more of the same and the first part of the main story I completed involved a series of there and back fetch quests. Once was bad enough but 3 times ???? Then a boss fight which reminded me of how bad the combat is or maybe it was just me forgetting a lot of it from being away from the game. Stuff like lock on breaking if you try to run/dodge away and having to find the enemy again with the camera.

Just going to finish off the discovery mode, before launching into the final DLC.
    I am excited for more of the same if I'm honest.
    The game overall was a bit grindey, but that's okay with me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I'm still working my way through the main game. Story target is called the Crocodile, the only one I have left so far.
    Level 38, all my upgradeable gear maxed, currently trawling the map doing side activities/missions.
    Plan is to get to level 40, bring up my equipment and hunt down the last three bounty hunters.

I might decide to advance the story aftrwards. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I'm very late to the Assassin's Creed Origins party but bought the main game yesterday for Steam and really enjoying it. Reached level 5 today, seems as if they have Assassin's Creed gameplay but mixing it up with a system similar to the Rise Of the Tomb Raider with all the leveling system, exp, stats and then Destiny style armor upgrades etc, really enjoying it so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

Gonzo wrote: »
    I'm very late to the Assassin's Creed Origins party but bought the main game yesterday for Steam and really enjoying it. Reached level 5 today, seems as if they have Assassin's Creed gameplay but mixing it up with a system similar to the Rise Of the Tomb Raider with all the leveling system, exp, stats and then Destiny style armor upgrades etc, really enjoying it so far.

I'd confidently say it's the best Assassin's Creed effort yet.

I still absolutely HATE the "modern day" sections. I wish they'd just drop it completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

you'll enjoy it, it looks great, feels just as good, and has great intro into the creed. working my way the the pharaohs dlc now, didnt think it was gonna be this big even after reading others saying the same thing ! really enjoying it !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

So I have put about 50 hours into this and I think its my favorite Assassin's Creed. I'm still not even finished and have a few of the high level areas still covered.
    Hows the DLC? is it worth the season pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Very late to the party with this. Picked it up at the weekend on PC via Humble Bundle. Very good game and mechanics from previous AC games have changed for the better. My PC is struggling with it though, started of ok out side the main story area but it runs crap when in the main city areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just finished the main quest, about 75 hours in and still a few islands to discover and side quests to finish up as well as beating about half a dozen of the cult.

Surprised I had this amount of time plowed into the game, it got a bit repetitive but not enough to keep me away.

Might pick up the DLC down the line.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Just finished the main quest, about 75 hours in and still a few islands to discover and side quests to finish up as well as beating about half a dozen of the cult.

Surprised I had this amount of time plowed into the game, it got a bit repetitive but not enough to keep me away.

Might pick up the DLC down the line.

Did you have it on PC? If so, the season pass is €7.99/€7.19 on Humble at the moment (cheaper if you have an active monthly subscription).

Next stop for you should be Odyssey anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I actually have Odyssey, I've just posted in the wrong thread. :o

:pac:
    No bother
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I was thinking as much, as I don't remember the cult being in Origins! Both great games, but Odyssey is so good it has jumped to the top spot of my AC list, just ahead of Black Flag.

Waiting to get the Season Pass myself once all DLC is out. Haven't touched it since I finished the main campaign, want to leave the rest for the DLC.

On the subject of DLC, The Lost Tales of Greece - Part IX is out today.

• Advertisement

On the subject of DLC, The Lost Tales of Greece - Part IX is out today.

This is the Origins thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Look what you've started Gav!

/Shakes fist at Gav :pac:

Forgot I picked this up on sale a while ago and am just starting out on PC. Cant get it to run decent though no matter how I change the settings, it looks seriously crap. Is it a system hog on PC? I can run all other game very decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Glebee wrote: »
    Forgot I picked this up on sale a while ago and am just starting out on PC. Cant get it to run decent though no matter how I change the settings, it looks seriously crap. Is it a system hog on PC? I can run all other game very decent.

Bought it some time back after the Greek one was released but had to refund it as i couldn't get it to run at a stable 60FPS on even the lowest settings.

Bought it some time back after the Greek one was released but had to refund it as i couldn't get it to run at a stable 60FPS on even the lowest settings.

Not just me then, cheers. Could you get the Greek one to work well??

Glebee wrote: »
    Not just me then, cheers. Could you get the Greek one to work well??

Didn't touch it after this one failed me

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ran fine for me stunning game, nvidia 1080ti.

Was fairly CPU intensive tho.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Ran fine for me stunning game, nvidia 1080ti.

Was fairly CPU intensive tho.

I didn't check how my system was running at the time, but in other games my CPU would tend to bottleneck me. i5-6600k with 1080 GTX. Could be the issue here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

i7-4790k with a 1070. Never had an issue running it.
    Try messing around with adaptive settings

Advertisement