Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Origins

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Is there any kind of base building in this like the villa in Brotherhood?

Not so far anyway and I don't think there will be either.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah I love the old base building whether it's a ship or homestead, etc. I read you can come across dead bodies of other real life players with gamertag names and you get a mission to avenge them by assassinating their killers, that's pretty class.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ah I love the old base building whether it's a ship or homestead, etc. I read you can come across dead bodies of other real life players with gamertag names and you get a mission to avenge them by assassinating their killers, that's pretty class.

Ahhh so that's why a gametag showed up on screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

So is it actually good? like really? or same old ****?

I'm hearing its littered with bugs/glitches? as usual i guess

nix wrote: »

I'm enjoying it, I haven't encountered any bugs so far anyway, its farcry and assasins creed moulded into one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

nix wrote: »

Only bugs I've come across are scarabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Downloading it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

It blows the last few installments away anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I'm enjoying it, I haven't encountered any bugs so far anyway, its farcry and assasins creed moulded into one.

Is there any modern day stuff in the game or is it set just in ancient times?

Venom wrote: »
    Is there any modern day stuff in the game or is it set just in ancient times?

There was one modern day thing so far but it was very short and you didn't have too do much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

There was one modern day thing so far but it was very short and you didn't have too do much.

Cool. I always found the modern day missions boring as hell, not to mention the story for them is all over the shop at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Taken from Reddit. I discovered a few hidden features with the Photo Mode that were not obviously given in the game.

While editing focus with L3 (cursor active)

-D-pad left and right will decrease/increase vignette effect

-D-pad up/down will decrease/increase brightness

-Right stick up/down will alter the strength of the depth of field / blur (which can make for some really good photos)

-Right stick right adds film grain, right stick left decreases amount of grain

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Got 500 Helix credits with the season pass, anyone have a good recommendation on what to use them on?

The Unicorn mount is obviously the front runner at the minute. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

martyos121 wrote: »
    Got 500 Helix credits with the season pass, anyone have a good recommendation on what to use them on?

The Unicorn mount is obviously the front runner at the minute. :D

Hahaha I picked up a shield and sword from the ubisoft rewards using those ubi point things but they weren't helix credits.

Holding off using my helix points for a while but yes that unicorn is giving me the look! :pac:

So, people still enjoying this?

So far yes. After a few hours anyway. I feel I'm still a bit away from the meatier stuff which is promising.

The new combat is definitely a game changer.

I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and get it tomorrow. Cex offering me 52 quid for a couple of games and Argos are selling this for 60. Much better than the 75 in Gamestop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'm absolutely sickened mine hasn't arrived yet.

It is much closer to the first couple in terms of enjoyment for me anyway. Rocking the Altair costume.

Only started this today since I didn’t get to finish Syndicate until yesterday evening but fcuk me this is deadly. Wish I had given up on completing it and played a bit of Witcher 3 instead because the combat is much closer to that than any other game in the AC series. I literally didn’t die a single time in Syndicate and only once in Unity but after playing this for a couple of hours now, I’ve already hit double figures. :o

It’s not like Assassin’s Creed at all, I’d compare to a mix between Far Cry, Witcher 3 and Shadow of Mordor. Might sound bad to some, but it’s really not, loving it so far.

• Advertisement

Absolutely loving it!

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The combat is very Witcher-esque alright, way easier to die in this than usual. No more button smashing either, you have to carefully time for parrying etc. The RPG-style system actually works well.

I'm about 5 hours in, just got my hidden blade and I'm not bored of it yet, which means this is much better than any AC game for a long time.

Just started and amybe I missed it but why does he fire 5 arrows at the same time?

Pissing tru my ammo :(

EDIT its the bow of sand, dont use it fires 5 arrows at a time.

It is much closer to the first couple in terms of enjoyment for me anyway. Rocking the Altair costume.

Altair costume!!!!! How?

Altair costume!!!!! How?

Ubisoft club bonus for ubi points. Can get Ezios too.

Those flocks of birds though. Looks amazing.

Just went to Alexandria found a dead Ubi player tried to avenge him got dead from bull**** arrow from at least 3 million miles away.

Its not bad same engine as Wildlands so looks well on Ultra.

Just found the
    Watch Dogs
    easter egg in the modern day pause menu and it blew my mind a little bit. Didn’t think there was any connection between it and AC.

Ubisoft club bonus for ubi points. Can get Ezios too.

Hold my beer. I'll be back in a minute.

• Advertisement

I got the unicorn! Best purchase of my entire life, nothing is better than an Egyptian man dressed as Ezio Auditore riding around Siwa on a unicorn. :)

Advertisement