Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Origins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Got to put a few hours into this over the weekend. Level 13 in Alexandria with the
    Aya mission to kill the Snake & Captain
    done.

Maybe I'm just an idiot but have they removed the Free Run down option? I've been descending by either jumping off stuff and hurting myself or dropping ledge by ledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Frisbee wrote: »
    Got to put a few hours into this over the weekend. Level 13 in Alexandria with the
    Aya mission to kill the Snake & Captain
    done.

Maybe I'm just an idiot but have they removed the Free Run down option? I've been descending by either jumping off stuff and hurting myself or dropping ledge by ledge.

Yep you know have tap circle to scale down, tad annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

https://torrentfreak.com/assassins-creed-origin-drm-hammers-gamers-cpus-171030/

Seems Ubisoft are using 2 layers of DRM on PC, and it's tanking performance for anyone with i5 or lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yep you know have tap circle to scale down, tad annoying.

Yeah, pain in the hoop. Such a completely pointless feature to remove as all it did was improve gameplay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    https://torrentfreak.com/assassins-creed-origin-drm-hammers-gamers-cpus-171030/

Seems Ubisoft are using 2 layers of DRM on PC, and it's tanking performance for anyone with i5 or lower.

Recommended

OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only).
    Processor: Intel Core i7- 3770 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz.
    Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD R9 280X (3GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better).
    System RAM: 8GB.
    Resolution: 1080p.
    Video Preset: High.

Always baffling to see cheap thieves complaining about something they stole.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Recommended

OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only).
    Processor: Intel Core i7- 3770 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz.
    Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD R9 280X (3GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better).
    System RAM: 8GB.
    Resolution: 1080p.
    Video Preset: High.

Always baffling to see cheap thieves complaining about something they stole.

In fairness, it's not the thieves complaining, it's people who bought the game and can't run it properly. People between the minimum and recommend are rightfully complaining.

Honestly, I expect Ubisoft to remove the DRM after a month or two, which is cr@p for everyone until then, but sadly DRM is necessary to protect the launch sales, which still make up most of a games profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's coming from a torrent site, from a cracker though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The real question folk should be asking is whether the dual DRM solution is actually responsible for the performance hits people are seeing. If the game has been specifically designed to utilise as many cores as possible and their threading solution isn't up to task, it's perfectly understandable, technically speaking, to be seeing the kinds of stalls some users are experiencing on those kinds of setups.

Until we see actual evidence the DRM is the cause, currently all we have is a case of causation vs. correlation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Jericho, why don't you have a read of the article?

Indeed until the game is cracked or the software removed by Ubisoft its impossible to say its 100% the anti-piracy software to blame here. But with Denuvo being defeated recently by the crackers wasn't there some evidence of a couple of cracked games running better than the legit Denuvo protected games?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Jericho, why don't you have a read of the article?

Indeed until the game is cracked or the software removed by Ubisoft its impossible to say its 100% the anti-piracy software to blame here. But with Denuvo being defeated recently by the crackers wasn't there some evidence of a couple of cracked games running better than the legit Denuvo protected games?
    Kind of, I believe the instance you're referring to was that of Rime which you can read about here. The comments by the cracker indicate it was the implementation of Denuvo by the developer, which seemed overly invasive in certain circumstances, which could be contributing to poor loading times. Since the release of the DRM-free version of the game, there doesn't seem to have been any real tests done outside of some anecdotal instances referenced in the Ars article here, which offer proof in either case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I think you misunderstood. AC:O is using a double layer of DRM, both Denuvo and VMProtect. It'll just mean it takes crackers a little bit longer to get the game out for free.

In the meantime, having two layers of DRM can impact a PC Gamers CPU speeds and causing stuttering and crashing. You see it happen at least once a year with a new release where the studio go overboard on DRM, it can cause massive issues for the player-base who buy the game legitimately .

TorrentFreak are not a torrent site. They are a news site who report on happenings in regards to torrents, DRM, etc.

The cracker "Voksi" is claiming he has been able to look at the code.

The true litmus test will be if the cracked version runs better.
    *edit*
    This user seems to be showing something?
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/582160/discussions/0/1480982338948182751/?ctp=3#c1480982338961501854

nvm, ironically during claiming he's running 15% he's confirmed his CPU usage is 81-93%.

Let's be honest most of us are cracked and running no better or worse.

Let's be honest most of us are cracked and running no better or worse.

...but the game hasn't been cracked yet? :confused:

gizmo wrote: »
    Kind of, I believe the instance you're referring to was that of Rime which you can read about

Yeah thats the one. I couldn't think of the game as i have never heard of it before and i just read the title of the article.

I think he was making a joke, about us.....humans

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Picked this up today after all the talk of Ezio's costume. Looking forward to giving it a lash. Argos still have loads left at 60.

What Yousavedmylife said.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This is my favorite assassins creed too date! I'm loving every minute of it!

Just after starting , did I accidentally skip a cutscene? I had the one with the guy in the village , watching the pharaoh come to town then a scene in a tomb one year on involving a mask and then a tutorial fight :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Just after starting , did I accidentally skip a cutscene? I had the one with the guy in the village , watching the pharaoh come to town then a scene in a tomb one year on involving a mask and then a tutorial fight :confused:

Nope. More is revealed as you go on.

• Advertisement

Nope. More is revealed as you go on.

Cheers saves me a restart.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The story is pretty confusing at the start. I'm 5 hours in and there are still big plot holes I assume will be filled later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

awec wrote: »
    The story is pretty confusing at the start. I'm 5 hours in and there are still big plot holes I assume will be filled later.

It's a Ubisoft game, that's not a safe assumption.

Hmmm you have to kill someone to carry them, you can't carry a knocked out person????? :confused:

EDIT: It feels like a meld of assassins's creed , far cry , witcher so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Seems to have some nice rpg elements and loot?
    If so im in as the combat looks great which was always holding the serves back imo.

EDIT: It feels like a meld of assassins's creed , far cry , witcher so far.

TAKE THAT BACK!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Heard this stutters even with G-sync? Sad that I have to wait for DRM to be removed to buy this.

Don't know if this happens at the start of every game but in Siwa
    I was on the phone and the game went idle. A comet went across the sky.

Happen to anyone else. I saved video footage of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

the combat seems great from the first fight but it's fairly clunky if your against groups and eh its good enough but i prefer the old one, but i do love the new ranged stuff predator bow ftw.

• Advertisement

Lone Stone wrote: »
    the combat seems great from the first fight but it's fairly clunky if your against groups and eh its good enough but i prefer the old one, but i do love the new ranged stuff predator bow ftw.

Yep the fact you have to keep switching the lock-on can sometimes mess up your camera angle. The new dodge is terrible.

Advertisement