Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Origins

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Rebooted uplay seems to have sorted it.

Some of the side quests are quite involved , did one this morning in Giza that involved some kids and took me about 40 minutes I think.

I've 45 hours played I think and only just going for the hyena now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Anyone have any idea where I might pick up a cheaper copy online,is it still possible to visit other xbox stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea where I might pick up a cheaper copy online,is it still possible to visit other xbox stores?

Cheapest ive found is amazon mate, https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0743D5966?aaxitk=dltoHUNyaFRfcbwy6hkJcw&pd_rd_i=B0743D5966&hsa_cr_id=7522742940502

Although considering delivery fee's and wait time, you'd probably just be better off going into argos: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7254691/Trail/searchtext%3EASSASSINS+CREED+ORIGINS.htm

The absolute cheapest i can find but no idea on how reliable the company is:
    https://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/1388382/assassins+creed+origins+

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone killed damaged even slightly an Elephant?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

About 25 hours in now, feeling fatigued by it. I'm level 24, could I just go from here and finish it off or will I need more side quests? Just did the Scarab so still have the rest of them from that tier to go.

About 25 hours in now, feeling fatigued by it. I'm level 24, could I just go from here and finish it off or will I need more side quests? Just did the Scarab so still have the rest of them from that tier to go.

Last part of the game is around level 35 on normal I think. I find you're ok with enemies 2 or maybe 3 levels above you as long as you don't get mobbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Should be ok I think, I've done pretty much every side quest so far up to level 20 or 21, last two bosses were no trouble at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

dreamers75 wrote: »

I haven't but you have too be at least level 38 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Ok,i bit the bullet and bought it.. just need to finish Wolfenstein 2 first..

• Advertisement

I am level 38 with the 1st 5 lads dead, one of the 2nd batch and 78 side quests complete.

I am level 38 with the 1st 5 lads dead, one of the 2nd batch and 78 side quests complete.

More less the same here with second row just finished last night. I've been doing all the side quests and clearing all the locations before moving on.

Have to say I think I much prefer to be out roaming the map discovering places than going around one of the larger cities. While out and about I encountered one of the Phylakes who was called
    The Hill
    :D Noticed a few I've met drop
    Keys
    so looks like I'll be hunting the rest down at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i got some spear that like cuts my health way down but does crazy damaged it has a cursed trait thing on it, and a bow that's always on fire so i got the skill for + 50% fire dmg and i wreck people with my amazing fire bow predators, thats not what its called thats just what i yell out when im shooting people in the head with it. I like how you can just upgrade your favorite weapons.

Fairly disappointing with the animal taming skill it's a bit bleh when you have an animal you cant command them to attack as far as i can see ? And the untame button is the same as the feckin loot button so yeah thats handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

I've gotten trampled a couple of times by it by the time i got off 1 shot :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So I've been playing this non stop since I got it 2 days ago. Absolutely huge! And amazing fun.

I never got back to finishing Unity or Syndicate, and I never will now. I think going back to the older fighting will turn me off. I've been killed so many times, but never annoyed once. All legitimate deaths that were mostly my fault for thinking I can take higher level enemies. And fair play for making multiple opponents extremely difficult. Like it should be.

I've 32 hours done, level 30, first 2 tiers of targets done, feel like I'm getting close to the end. 58 quests complete. Don't know if I'll try to clear the map. Looks like it will take ages!

Also, don't bother going near the Trial of the Gods that's active this week until you're level 40. I tried it at 29 and
    while the initial phase was simple dodge and arrow, when Anubis sent his mini Anubi down
    I was dead in 2 hits.

DLC looks worth it too. Loving it so far!!

Regards the map I've still 10 areas left to uncover but the few I got around to tonight that are level 30+ are lighter on things to do like side quests etc but have some cool sights to see, like the black and white deserts among other places are real an I'm amazed the detail they went through with them form the googling I did.

There is definitely something to be seen for raiding all the tombs having seen the inside of the
    sphinx
    and I've come across 2 tombs with hidden extra tombs in them were stuff needs to be activated for a
    recrding from the future to be played back

I've one phylake to hunt down now and want to see what I get at the end of that. I'm guessing their outfit?

Murdering
    elephants
    wasn't cool though :(

...but have some cool sights to see, like the black and white deserts among other places are real an I'm amazed the detail they went through with them form the googling I did.

You reminded me. Part of the free DLC they're bringing out is a non combat guided tour of all the sights! Created by historians.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Sleeping darts kill snakes. Running over them with the horse doesn't.

#JustUbisoftThings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Can someone, without spoiling anything, tell me whether or not Bayek will start wearing his hood later in the story? Or is it completely unlike the hair/beard situation and the hood up/down option entirely at the player's discretion?

I'm half tempted to keep the hood up, but it breaks immersion for me when I go into a mission (sometimes while wearing a hood and covering the face) and the NPC will say "ah hello Bayek"...

Like how the eff did you know it was me?? Gonnae no blow my cover??

I wish, at least, Ubisoft stuck a hotkey in for the hood instead of having to go into the menu to change it every time.

it's hood up or down but it will come off during a few crucial cutscenes.

It's annoying if you have that one on with the metal bear helmet and hood up selected you hear an echo as he speaks , same for others that cover the face, I'd gladly allow them a reality break on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Can someone, without spoiling anything, tell me whether or not Bayek will start wearing his hood later in the story? Or is it completely unlike the hair/beard situation and the hood up/down option entirely at the player's discretion?

I'm half tempted to keep the hood up, but it breaks immersion for me when I go into a mission (sometimes while wearing a hood and covering the face) and the NPC will say "ah hello Bayek"...

Like how the eff did you know it was me?? Gonnae no blow my cover??

I wish, at least, Ubisoft stuck a hotkey in for the hood instead of having to go into the menu to change it every time.

Having to toggle the hair & beard back on every time you start the game / de-synchronize is a pain in the hole as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Frisbee wrote: »
    Having to toggle the hair & beard back on every time you start the game / de-synchronize is a pain in the hole as well.

Are you serious, does that happen?? Thats some bogey mechanic. I might just keep his hair and face the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Are you serious, does that happen?? Thats some bogey mechanic. I might just keep his hair and face the way it is.

Yeah I know. Not sure how far in you are but early enough in the game the hair and beard get shaved off. You can toggle it back on but it's a manual job to do it every time. It's a pain as without it he just looks like 'NPC #14' :pac:

The Isu armor was worth doing the stone circles for. Achievement for doing them bugged on me though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

The Isu armor was worth doing the stone circles for. Achievement for doing them bugged on me though :(

Did you just do them as you came across them, or did you set out to find them specifically outside the main story quest?

So everyone else isnt running around in the Ezio outfit then?

Finished the Side Mission quest line for
    Shadya last night, its very like the mission from Witcher 3

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Did you just do them as you came across them, or did you set out to find them specifically outside the main story quest?

Yeah just as I came across them you'll need to do the tombs too for the
    silica
    needed to
    access the chamber in Sphinx' butt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

^^^
    Nice one :)

I believe I will be going for the platinum in this. Just under 53 hours, main story finished, 78 quests in total. Killed all the Phylakes
    and what a reward! Nearly prefer it to the Isu armor
    . Have the Isu armor, completed both Gladiatorial arenas
    and expected 3 new armors, only got 1 because you have to beat them all again to get the other 2!

Fully maxed everything except for left bracer, just need 1 Crystal. Have to get more ability points to unlock the perk for buying legendary items so I can get a legendary horse, or finish the Hippodrome, not sure which I prefer to do as those races seem rigged!!

Level 39 and half way to 40. Just over 2 days to get there and take on the Trial of the Gods. Got him down to half health before dying when I took him on at 38.

All that's left to do is finish off however many other side missions there are and complete all locations! Looking forward to the DLC, and I believe I have an extra mission or two for having the deluxe edition.

If Ubisoft left it for every 2 years, I'd be more than happy to give them my money. They did this game right, even if I wasn't as invested in the story as I would have been with 4 or 2. Gameplay more than made up for it. You could nearly say it is a better tomb raiding game than Tomb Raider!

• Advertisement

Similar thoughts on it as you Monke.

I think the one part of the story I enjoyed most was how they came up with an explanation for
    chopping off their right ring fingers
    in previous games :D

I've only 3 achievements left now, can't get the right hallucination to trigger in the desert at the minute, ill get it eventually.

Also the nod to the original game after the last mission when you can access the
    bureau and have to ender via the roof was cool

Advertisement