Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Origins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Same as above very enjoyable game, its taken onboard what is wrong with open world and took the best from RDR, Witcher and previous Assassins games.

it let me wander around and do what i wanted to the point I am level 40 and killing the 2nd batch of lads, which has now opened up new side quests, think I have 100+ side missions, of them Shadya was the most memorable and its kinda hidden. A lot of players wont do that set of missions.

Only gripe I have is the CPU usage, its wrong I have a 5960X which is a very capable processor and it has never went about 30% usage but with this game it hits 60+ alongside a 1080 running the game in Ultra. I read all the articles about what may cause it and imo something is causing it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got the hippo drome trophy at last, christ that was hard, only 17 too go now, the rest look straight forward but time consuming.

Wait wasn't Shadya main story? ... oh wait finding
    her body with cement shoes might not have been
    I'm finished and still have about 15 sides left either accepted or on the map, mostly in the north west area.

1 achievement left , the one for locusts in the desert.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sell 100 trinkets is a bitch, currently only have 89, I presume you can sell 100 of the same trinket?

So sides continue after the main game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Sell 100 trinkets is a bitch, currently only have 89, I presume you can sell 100 of the same trinket?

I seriously hope it's 100 in total, not 100 of 1 type!

Completed the Trial of the Gods just now,
    and what a prize! And the blank blue square for part of the Anubis armor! Cannae wait!

Have a good few side missions left, and pick up all the treasure. The hallucination one will be a pain. Spent 20 minutes in the desert, loads of hallucinations, including one of locusts, but apparently it has to be scarabs!

I seriously hope it's 100 in total, not 100 of 1 type!

Completed the Trial of the Gods just now,
    and what a prize! And the blank blue square for part of the Anubis armor! Cannae wait!

Have a good few side missions left, and pick up all the treasure. The hallucination one will be a pain. Spent 20 minutes in the desert, loads of hallucinations, including one of locusts, but apparently it has to be scarabs!

I got it last night, its one hundred in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

It seems that people are starting to finish up with this now. Overall it seems like it has been well received. How long do people think it would take to focus on the main story? Or is it more fun/worthwhile doing the side quests too?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    It seems that people are starting to finish up with this now. Overall it seems like it has been well received. How long do people think it would take to focus on the main story? Or is it more fun/worthwhile doing the side quests too?

You have too do the side quests too level up, otherwise if you're under leveled for a main quest you won't have a hope of completing it, side quests are grand imo, not witcher 3 quality but enough variety in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Managed to get some good time into this Friday and Saturday. Really enjoying it, up there with Black Flag for me. Level 30 and had only done as far as The Scarab and a load of side missions. Figured I should probably progress the story somewhat so did the Lizard and Hyena last night. Now to get distracted by more side quests.

• Advertisement

Finished it last night 120 missions complete.

Cant find the last 3 Phylake lads so going to set off an alarm and see if they show up.

2 of the star gazing things to find as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Just at level 21 after some side questing and levelling up of my hidden blade.

Finally returned to Phylakes number one after three or four times getting absolutely obliterated and finally took him down, pulling half his health with the hidden blade as he gazed at a statue of Ptolemy.

Was so satisfying...

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Finished it last night 120 missions complete.

Cant find the last 3 Phylake lads so going to set off an alarm and see if they show up.

2 of the star gazing things to find as well.

The Phylake guys should be on the map if you zoom in to the point were ?'s and side quests etc show up, they'll be red helmets and moving around but are contained to fixed regions and not randomly spawned.

I was going for all locations achievement so had synced all the view points so maybe thats why they were on the map for me.

I dont have all the towers and 3 defintley not showing up.

Guess thats what I am missing.

Do you need too kill all those phylakes lads for platnium?

Do you need too kill all those phylakes lads for platnium?

No they're not required but do have decent drops. Can't recall now if it was from them or a story/side mission I got a flaming sword :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Lads, I'm only level 16 and the first Phylake fella is 20!
    I'm afraid to go near him, I know he'll pulverise me!

I should just avoid him until I go up a few levels, right? :D

marcbrophy wrote: »

Absolutely. He'll obliterate you and you might take 3-5% of his health. I waited till I was level 21 but I probably could have taken him at 20.

Fighting above your level not only means that your health isn't as good and you'll die quicker but your attacks just don't damage them to any meaningful degree.

Absolutely. He'll obliterate you and you might take 3-5% of his health. I waited till I was level 21 but I probably could have taken him at 20.

Fighting above your level not only means that your health isn't as good and you'll die quicker but your attacks just don't damage them to any meaningful degree.

Thought as much.
    Do they stay in one area, or follow you around the map?

Thought as much.
    Do they stay in one area, or follow you around the map?

They hunt you down but it's fairly passive, as in theyre not bloodhounds but they will patrol around a bit.

They're limited to their regions however and won't move outside of them. There's also a good chance that if an alarm is raised in a camp in their region, they'll travel to that camp assuming youre there.

You'll hear a horn noise and get an alert if theyre within 100m.

• Advertisement

They hunt you down but it's fairly passive, as in theyre not bloodhounds but they will patrol around a bit.

They're limited to their regions however and won't move outside of them. There's also a good chance that if an alarm is raised in a camp in their region, they'll travel to that camp assuming youre there.

You'll hear a horn noise and get an alert if theyre within 100m.

Thanks, I better get to levelling up then!

Thanks, I better get to levelling up then!

Best advice I can give is not to run at them head on for a fight. Stalk them and wait for them to stop and get off their horse (if on one) and stop. Get your first hit off as a hidden blade hit from behind then either go toe to toe or try and break sight and hide for another stealth hit.

Best advice I can give is not to run at them head on for a fight. Stalk them and wait for them to stop and get off their horse (if on one) and stop. Get your first hit off as a hidden blade hit from behind then either go toe to toe or try and break sight and hide for another stealth hit.

I'm going to try and get the start every fight with full adrenaline upgrade too.
    It should make it easier to smash them up :D

Also, is there a level upgrade perk that allows you to use Senu as an attack by pressing Y/Triangle? I'm sure I saw it before, and can't find it now :)

I'm going to try and get the start every fight with full adrenaline upgrade too.
    It should make it easier to smash them up :D

Also, is there a level upgrade perk that allows you to use Senu as an attack by pressing Y/Triangle? I'm sure I saw it before, and can't find it now :)

Yeah you can have Senu bother someone by flying over the target as usual and pressing triangle when the prompt comes up over them. Not sure how it works on Phylakes though but great for regular enemies.

I killed mot of them and they were ahead of my level by a bit.

Hit him with a fully charged Hunter Arrow and then use Light fire arrows to get your combo up. Hit him with an overrpower rinse and repeat.

Try and get him off the road 1st so no others wander in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I'm not going to kill the Phylakes(?). Let them live long with the shame of never getting me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Don't :pac: I was the same yesterday and had no idea the dudes were so strong and tried to tackle one mid mission and got killed it one hit :)

I was attacked by a hyena midfight which was just as fun as it sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I was attacked by a hyena midfight which was just as fun as it sounds.

I love riding into a group of hyenas and taking out about 3 of them with one swing of the sword :pac:

• Advertisement

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I love riding into a group of hyenas and taking out about 3 of them with one swing of the sword :pac:

And the achievement/trophy you get for 3 in one swing is icing on an already sweet cake :)

Advertisement