Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Origins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Fighting hippo's IN the water, is oddly satisfying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Went around the entire map and have every vantage point unlocked, still no phyalkes.

It may be because I have completed the game.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Went around the entire map and have every vantage point unlocked, still no phyalkes.

It may be because I have completed the game.

Ah wait theres a side quest tied to them isn't there, maybe that needs to be active???? They were definitely viewable on my map when zoomed in either because the quest was active or I'd explored and synced all the view points.

I dont have all the towers and 3 defintley not showing up.

Guess thats what I am missing.

Did you get the 3
    on the mound in Siwa, where you get ambushed in the flashback near the start of the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Did you get the 3
    on the mound in Siwa, where you get ambushed in the flashback near the start of the game?

Dont recall 3 of them as the mission only popped up after I killed the 1st one in Heraklieon

Found a list of them on IGN will check the desert later seems 2 are there.

• Advertisement

Dont recall 3 of them as the mission only popped up after I killed the 1st one in Heraklieon

Found a list of them on IGN will check the desert later seems 2 are there.

Just realised the one's I'm on about are only bandits, never mind :)

You'd think you wouldn't have to go out of your way to find the bastards :D

One area definitely has two of them roaming around, not together but their paths can definitely cross so don't get caught out like I did and end up with 2 on your hands at the same time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

What a great game. For me it's looking like the best AC game.

It looks stunning on the Xbox One X.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It looks stunning on the Xbox One X.

I would have said not a hope pre-playing as AC2 was truly wonderful and had the series most interesting character to boot.

However having put in a lot of hours (now at level 23), it's really looking like it could be the greatest AC game. There's nothing (so far) that I dislike about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Agreed. I'm genuinely surprised at how good of a job Ubisoft have done with this game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I’m stumped why this game is getting so much praise, I’m level 20 and I’m just bored out of my mind. The side quests are boring as fook, I’ve never met so many widows in a game asking a stranger for vengeance, and there’s so many of them.. and the main quest itself is a yawn fest to, does it get any better? Im just after meeting
    cleopatra
    for the first time.. is my mind gonna be blown at some point here or am I just gonna keep bashing bandits to grind up the levels to do the main questline?

I’m seriously thinking about trading it in tomorrow and playing the Witcher expansions instead :(

Don’t get me wrong, origins looks great and all, but it has no soul, syndicate was much better story wise and that’s saying a lot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'll agree that the story isn't the best, but it's setting up the Brotherhood, and I think the ending, while not amazing, was well done. Plus, all the little nods towards previous games and why the Assassins did what they did (granted, the word Assassin wasn't officially used until 1050's, but whatever) was nice, especially the missing finger!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

If anybody is interested in picking this up, you can get the physical Gold edition for PS4 or Xbox One on the Ubistore for €56.79. It’s currently reduced to €70.99 but you can get 20% off discount by spendings 100 ubi points which you can earn in Ubisoft games.

Second trial of the gods is up , and it's the same fight as the last one pretty much and a crap sceptre reward, hardly worth the 10 minutes needed to wear it's health down. We certainly ain't talking Hitman's illusive targets with these that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Second trial of the gods is up , and it's the same fight as the last one pretty much and a crap sceptre reward, hardly worth the 10 minutes needed to wear it's health down. We certainly ain't talking Hitman's illusive targets with these that's for sure.

The reward is random. Part of a special gear set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Can I use more than 1 voucher /coupon with ubistore when buying something?

Have 3 coupons but only lets me enter one:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

biggebruv wrote: »
    Can I use more than 1 voucher /coupon with ubistore when buying something?

Have 3 coupons but only lets me enter one:(

Only one as far as I know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looks like Ubisoft downgraded the PC version quite a bit, in an attempt to stop the game running poorly. And now it still runs poorly for some people and looks worse for everyone. Good job Ubisoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

got a feckin septer from the god fight.. bleh i was expecting them type of events to at least have some cool outfits but no you have to pay for those.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

The only cool outfit you need is in the *****, after you get the star glazer achievement :)

• Advertisement

CraigM84 wrote: »
    The only cool outfit you need is in the *****, after you get the star glazer achievement :)

Yeah stuck with that one myself once I got it, think you need about 50 silica collected from other tombs to access it.

I only have 23 silica myself, so need to find more fooking tombs!

Are tombs marked? I found a list of them, but it was just names, no location details :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I only have 23 silica myself, so need to find more fooking tombs!

Are tombs marked? I found a list of them, but it was just names, no location details :)

Once you sync the viewpoints I think they appear on the map.

Once you sync the viewpoints I think they appear on the map.

Ah grand, I've almost 40 of them synched, out of the 58 total.

From what I've read the total of silica in the game is 50, so all tombs must be cleared out, to access the other thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

In fairness all the tombs are handy enough to hit, bit of exploring and you'll be grand, I've hit up all tombs and have plenty of both blue and yellow crystals left, also have all upgrades done for Bayek, just another couple of question marks left and the last 2 main missions and then wait for dlc to come out :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Kiith wrote: »
    Looks like Ubisoft downgraded the PC version quite a bit, in an attempt to stop the game running poorly. And now it still runs poorly for some people and looks worse for everyone. Good job Ubisoft.
    cough cough

The reward is random. Part of a special gear set.

They're set rewards, sword for the first, sceptre for the second and then a bow and shield to come. Once you have all 4 you will unlock the Anubis armor.
    Ah grand, I've almost 40 of them synched, out of the 58 total.

From what I've read the total of silica in the game is 50, so all tombs must be cleared out, to access the other thing :)

There's definitely more than 50, as you need 50 for the end of the star gazing one, and then you need 3 for each of the 4 other ancient devices.

There's definitely more than 50, as you need 50 for the end of the star gazing one, and then you need 3 for each of the 4 other ancient devices.

Good stuff, thanks!
    Don't like to read too much up on it!

I like to get the surprises in the game naturally :)

Some gowl on YouTube ruined an end game mission with a thumbnail :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    cough cough

We all knew about this but to see the difference there is just plain false advertising.

• Advertisement

Good stuff, thanks!
    Don't like to read too much up on it!

I like to get the surprises in the game naturally :)

Some gowl on YouTube ruined an end game mission with a thumbnail :mad:

I understand, I hate stuff being ruined lately, and everyone is doing it. So nowadays I watch the initial trailer, a gameplay trailer and nothing more. It's why I got a not so nice surprise with the upgrade system in NFS Payback, I just expected another NFS game as normal!

Advertisement