Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB reconnection

Options
  • 25-10-2017 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi Guys,

I have just found out (on a duplex I am in the final process of buying) that it has been without electricity and gas for over 2 years :(, can someone give me an idea of the costs/timeline and proceedure's to go from nothing to connected as it may be something I have to renegotiate the terms on as I was informed it was only about 11 months without services before agreeing on the price.

Hope someone can help!!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi longsun,

Thank you for getting in touch.

With regard to electricity, due to the length of time since the property was last connected, this is a query for ESB Networks. Their telephone number for such a query is 1850 372 757 and they will require the meter point reference number (MPRN).

With regard to gas, if there is a gas meter at the property, it would just be a matter of registering with your billing company of choice. If there are no issues, the cost will just be the reconnection fee for Gas Networks Ireland (payable through the billing company) which is approximately EUR72.50.

If you have any further queries, please let us know.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 8 longsun

Thanks Una,

I have already been in contact with them with the MPRN number and was informed I will need to get an NC2 form completed first, I have been told it may cost close to 3k to get the connection.

Even though its a duplex and part of a complex, I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same concern in the past, as this is not a new build or standalone property due to being a duplex would the costs be the same as normal.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 8 longsun

Thanks Una,

I have already been in contact with them with the MPRN number and was informed I will need to get an NC2 form completed first, I have been told it may cost close to 3k to get the connection.

Even though its a duplex and part of a complex, I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same concern in the past, as this is not a new build or standalone property due to being a duplex would the costs be the same as normal.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi longsun,

It is just billing/account queries that we can advise on here in Electric Ireland, however, if you would like to hear from others who might know about the matter in question, we recommend posting to the Boards.ie Accommodation & Property forum.

Or there might be some information available from those who post to the Electrical forum.

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement