Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build Help- AutoCad

Options
  • 25-10-2017 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just looking for a bit of feedback on a cheap build I am doing for a friend who has a small office. Computer will be used for AutoCad 2008 and the newest version of Sketch Up as well as light duty office tasks. Im trying to keep it as cheap as possible for him, but have no experience of these programs myself. Sketchup looks the more demanding out of the 2 programs

2+ GHz processor
    8+ GB RAM
    700MB of available hard-disk space
    3D class video card with 1GB of memory or higher and supports hardware acceleration. Please ensure that the video card driver supports OpenGL version 3.0 or higher and is up to date.
    SketchUp's performance relies heavily on the graphics card driver and its ability to support OpenGL 3.0 or higher.

Also budget is €400-€450 euro with components being bought off amazon:
    i3-7100 (£96)
    AsRock B250M Pro4 (£61)
    RipJaws V series (2x4) (£73)
    Radeon R5 230 (2gb)(£65)
    corsair 450w (40)
    Zalman Case (£26)

HDD and Windows already owned
    Total working about €451 after conversion not including delivery charges which I am not here to worry about. All prices are as on Amazon today.

Anyone have any suggestions on this build?

Thanks,
    G

Comments

Advertisement