Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge Bill Amount

Options
  • 25-10-2017 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi,
    Today I recieved 2 letters, I got a riduculous bill for €258, then a second letter from some company called arvato for 297.59.
    I have a mobile broadband connection for 50gigs for I believe €30 a month. There had been no attempt to withdraw this monthly payment from my account since August.
    I’ll obiously not be paying this ridulous amount, will pay my normal bill no problem and any previous months worth that is due but iwant an explanation as to the high figures sent to me today

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Sounds like a scam/con, did they have Eir headed paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Clem H Fandango

One of the letters did, the one with the higher bill amount had Arvato on it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Arvato are a financial services company, one of the things they do is collect on outstanding debts. There's been a bunch of reports like these recently.

So while some kind of phishing isn't ruled out, I refer you to Hanlon's Razor which states that you shouldn't assume maliciousness when incompetence is far more widespread. And Eir have never been accused of a shortage of incompetence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Hi,
    Today I recieved 2 letters, I got a riduculous bill for €258, then a second letter from some company called arvato for 297.59.
    I have a mobile broadband connection for 50gigs for I believe €30 a month. There had been no attempt to withdraw this monthly payment from my account since August.
    I’ll obiously not be paying this ridulous amount, will pay my normal bill no problem and any previous months worth that is due but iwant an explanation as to the high figures sent to me today
    Hi there Clem H Fandango

Thank you for getting in touch with us here.

Only if there was an unpaid balance on your account which is due or never paid, it will be sent onto Arvato.  If you have paid everything and have no outstanding bills at all, simply call 1800690000 (option 4 & 2) and speak to an agent directly.  Make sure to have your account number ready and they will deal with the account holder.

If for any reason this was incorrectly sent onto a 3rd party, they will immediately amend this and recall that amount with Arvato directly

-Kyle

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi,
    Hi there Clem H Fandango

Only if there was an unpaid balance on your account which is due or never paid, it will be sent onto Arvato.  If you have paid everything and have no outstanding bills at all, simply call 1800690000 (option 4 & 2) and speak to an agent directly.  Make sure to have your account number ready and they will deal with the account holder.

If for any reason this was incorrectly sent onto a 3rd party, they will immediately amend this and recall that amount with Arvato directly

-Kyle
    Kyle as I already mentioned, there was no attempt to withdraw the funds for the previous 2 bills. I only noticed this yesterday when I saw these letters.
    So my bill total should be at most 70euro. I wasnt an explanation for why it is near 300euro.

• Advertisement

Hi,
    Hi there Clem H Fandango

-Kyle
    Kyle as I already mentioned, there was no attempt to withdraw the funds for the previous 2 bills. I only noticed this yesterday when I saw these letters.
    So my bill total should be at most 70euro. I wasnt an explanation for why it is near 300euro.
    Hi there

Did you call the number that I suggested previously so they can assist you there?  If you want, I'd be more than happy to look at your account and see what I can view from here?

Let me know

-Kyle

Hi,
    Hi there Clem H Fandango

-Kyle
    Hi there

Did you call the number that I suggested previously so they can assist you there?  If you want, I'd be more than happy to look at your account and see what I can view from here?

Let me know

-Kyle
    Thanks Kyle I will PM you my account number.

Hi,
    Hi there Clem H Fandango

-Kyle
    Hi there

Let me know

-Kyle
    Thanks Kyle I will PM you my account number.
    Thank you.  Will have a look at this now.

-Kyle

Advertisement