Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's my best chance of a ghost on Hallowe'en?

Options
  • 25-10-2017 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭

We were talking around the fire one evening lately - really, we were: whole family of 8 adults, log fire.
    Someone suggested we each tell of any ghost story or weird event that we had experienced or knew someone who had - however distantly.
    My few incidents were pretty flimsy and had been told before, anyway.

Hallowe'en coming up soon - if I really wanted to see a ghost or experience something paranormal, where should I go, what should I do?

I'm half serious. I'd be willing to give it a go. At least I think I would.

Recommendations? Suggestions? :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Do you believe in ghosts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

NIMAN wrote: »

I'm open-minded. Probably no, but willing to consider the possibility.

They say ghosts walk on Samhain, so that ought to be the best chance to experience the paranormal if indeed there's anything in it.

Why did you ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

why would such a thing happen around halloween rather than any other time of the year? the one problem with paranormal things is that they arent producible on demand, and can happen at any time of the year

What is a 'ghost'. Ive an interest in the paranormal, but I dont understand what a 'ghost' is meant to be. ghost is a catchall word that describes anything paranormal, so it has a very wide scope

maccored wrote: »
    What is a 'ghost'. Ive an interest in the paranormal, but I dont understand what a 'ghost' is meant to be. ghost is a catchall word that describes anything paranormal, so it has a very wide scope

Yep, that's why I used it. I'd settle for anything. Doesn't have to be actually draped in a winding-sheet and intoning WOO-OO-OOO-ooo
    A few bumps in the night or mysterious lights, sudden wafts of cold air, anything would do, really.

Why Samhain? Danged if I know. Tradition?
    If there's anything in it, there's probably some reason for that tradition. Maybe.

• Advertisement

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Yep, that's why I used it. I'd settle for anything. Doesn't have to be actually draped in a winding-sheet and intoning WOO-OO-OOO-ooo
    A few bumps in the night or mysterious lights, sudden wafts of cold air, anything would do, really.

Why Samhain? Danged if I know. Tradition?
    If there's anything in it, there's probably some reason for that tradition. Maybe.

ghosts and halloween dont really have much in common. I'd bet if paranormal things happen, they happen at any time of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Castle Leslie in Glaslough , Monaghan...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

I don't see why a sceptic would be interested in what anyone else believes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Day Lewin wrote: »
    I'm open-minded. Probably no, but willing to consider the possibility.

They say ghosts walk on Samhain, so that ought to be the best chance to experience the paranormal if indeed there's anything in it.

Why did you ask?

I asked because if you have any sort of belief that they might exist then you are likely to have some experience that you could attribute to something paranormal.

If you are a complete skeptic, then its unlikely you will see, hear or feel anything untoward no matter where you are in the country.

I asked because if you have any sort of belief that they might exist then you are likely to have some experience that you could attribute to something paranormal.

If you are a complete skeptic, then its unlikely you will see, hear or feel anything untoward no matter where you are in the country.

As I mentioned in OP my own few small anecdotes had been told of. They did happen. can't prove they were paranormal...
    I'm open to experience, not stubborn in disbelief.
    I gather you have nothing constructive to suggest.

• Advertisement

skeptic = good - lets not forget that. Skeptical means to be inquisitive, but not believing without backing it up with something. usually that means personal experiences as anyone can fake audio and video. in reality, a personal experience is probably all you can go by. Cynical is the word we should use I think rather than skeptical as its the cynical ones who just say everything paranormal is bull**** regardless. If you ave an interest int he paranormal, the best way to have a paranormal experience is to go out looking for one. the more you look, the more you'll experience. this is why cynics do my head in - they dont research, and instead become armchair 'experts' based on what other people say. They also dont understand that science itself didnt get where it was by being cynical. science - granted - can prove or disprove things whereas the paranormal just doesnt happen on demand (or as yet we dont have the understanding to be able to make it), but science would never progress if scientists constantly said 'that cant happen because it cant'

Advertisement