Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble closing my bank account

Options
  • 25-10-2017 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello Team,

I'd like to close my bank account and I filled the Account Closure Form and made a request to transfer the money to my french account on 29th September. It's been a month since and I still have no news about my money..

I called the Customer Services who told me he will call me back but I haven't heard from him yet..

Is there something I did wrong ?

Regards,
    Alexis

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Choppy56 wrote: »
    Hello Team,

I'd like to close my bank account and I filled the Account Closure Form and made a request to transfer the money to my french account on 29th September. It's been a month since and I still have no news about my money..

I called the Customer Services who told me he will call me back but I haven't heard from him yet..

Is there something I did wrong ?

Regards,
    Alexis

Hi Choppy56,

Thanks for getting in contact with us here.

Can I ask if you've checked the spam and junk folders on your email as sometimes our emails can go into these folders automatically?

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Choppy56

Hi Darren,

Thanks for answering but I did check my spam folders and still nothing.
    Plus, I still have access to my bank account while it's supposed to be blocked.

Regards,
    Alexis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Choppy56 wrote: »
    Hi Darren,

Thanks for answering but I did check my spam folders and still nothing.
    Plus, I still have access to my bank account while it's supposed to be blocked.

Regards,
    Alexis

I'm sorry to hear this Choppy56.
    In this case I'd ask you to raise this through the "Ask a question" section of your 365 online profile and the advisers there should be able to look into both your account information and the request to close your account to see why this hasn't been actioned for you yet.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement