Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will the Irish film board get it's funding back or are we too european now?

• 25-10-2017 7:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

I saying the europe thing sarcastically based on certain politicans views.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Hopefully not if Young Offenders II is in the works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

When they come up with some value for money perhaps.

I look forward to the anglicised Irish becoming much, much more European and removing the chains of bondage to English ways and English laws. Imagine the Irish not being intellectually wedded to the ideas and values of their coloniser. Now that would be a real revolution.

Vive la France; vive l'Europe.

Its # It's [It is].

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

I look forward to the anglicised Irish becoming much, much more European and removing the chains of bondage to English ways and English laws. Imagine the Irish not being intellectually wedded to the ideas and values of their coloniser. Now that would be a real revolution.

Vive la France; vive l'Europe.

Its # It's [It is].

I hope your taking the piss because that is a ridiculous statement....there are two sides to every coin....you can't just say what is the best microwave oven out there.

When they come up with some value for money perhaps.

It's more about culture cultivation....specifically irish culture of course....especially because rte have hit a stone wall for themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Can they do a remake of Into the West but replace the horse with a 172 Pajero?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Best Microwave in the world.

euser1984 wrote: »
    It's more about culture cultivation....specifically irish culture of course....especially because rte have hit a stone wall for themselves.

If their results to date represent an attempt to cultivate our culture then I'll pass on that use of my taxes, thank you.

If their results to date represent an attempt to cultivate our culture then I'll pass on that use of my taxes, thank you.

It's a very small percentage....you don't just get a little bit more of it in other ways....it depends on how large the cost is.

if you have a billion euro to spend on something you don't need to worry too much about losing small notes or coins.

It's a very small percentage....you don't just get a little bit more of it in other ways....it depends on how large the cost is.

if you have a billion euro to spend on something you don't need to worry too much about losing small notes or coins.

Oireachtas Grant of €14.5 million in 2015? It's no drop in the ocean. I can see many better uses for that money.

• Advertisement

Oireachtas Grant of €14.5 million in 2015? It's no drop in the ocean. I can see many better uses for that money.

like what? who is going to decide to use that money somewhere else that will benefit you directly....trust me culture is just as important for health as much as hospitals....

the hospital issue isn't about money either

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    Best Microwave in the world.

i'd say there are plenty of restaurant microwave ovens that good quality....it's not hard physics....potatoes still always taste of s*hit out of them :D

like what? who is going to decide to use that money somewhere else that will benefit you directly....trust me culture is just as important for health as much as hospitals....

the hospital issue isn't about money either

I don't need anything to benefit myself directly at all. But 14.5 million would build a house or two, would pay a nurse, a teacher, a guard, a litter warden, build a classroom, pay a social worker, fund a hostel......I could go on all night before I'd get to anything worthwhile the Film Board does with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Well you lost your sovereignty long ago so I doubt they give a crap at this stage.

I don't need anything to benefit myself directly at all. But 14.5 million would build a house or two, would pay a nurse, a teacher, a guard, a litter warden, build a classroom, pay a social worker, fund a hostel......I could go on all night before I'd get to anything worthwhile the Film Board does with it.

Culture effects everybody....as i said it's good for peoples health

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Only if they promise to fund sequels to Eat the Peach and Taffin.

There's more culture in the average fridge than was ever funded by the IFB.

Only if they promise to fund sequels to Eat the Peach and Taffin.

There's more culture in the average fridge than was ever funded by the IFB.

alright, inform the layman :)

Can they do a remake of Into the West but replace the horse with a 172 Pajero?

how about our own version of the waltons with a massive block of a house

Advertisement