Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different insurers in past few years. Where do I get proof of no claims discount?

Options
  • 25-10-2017 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all. Been driving cars for years, claim free for years thank God, insured a van then for the last 3 years, no claims from the insurance thank God again. But now in going back to a car again, I've been asked for proof of no claims discount. The thing is, I've now had 2 different insurers making up my total of 9 years no claims discount. Now however, my 3rd and current newly aquired insurer are requesting a no claims discount from me. As my van insurance has expired, is it as simple as asking my previous van insurer for proof of no claims discount even though they don't provide cover to me any more? Will they vouch for not only the years I was claim free with them, but also for the insurers before that too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭cml387

The last company you were insured with should (must) supply you with documentary proof of your NCB.

The NCB documentation itself should show the number of claim free years, there's no need to go chasing previous insurers

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As said, it's the last company you need to approach. The document will say "6 years" or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The NCD usually comes with a renewal quote - if you still have that you may have it already

PDF by email is common these days; they aren't certified documents so home printing is no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Different companies have different lengths of ncd I had a problem where I went with a new company and had 7+ years ncd but the last two insurers had a max ncd of 5+ so it ended up putting my quote off by €112... had to ring my previous insurer before my last insurer (if that makes sense) and get them to provide a proof that I was 6+ while with them and then forward that on to last year's to get them to up it to 7+...

Advertisement