Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Premier League Free hit advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just in case you're still wondering how the free hit works. Taken from @FFScout #FPL https://t.co/o1d7dVR5kL

It seems it reverts right back to start of week
    I'd lose a transfer and richarlson and otamendi would cost at least .1 more .......but I'd get jones back who I wrongly sold
    But I'd have miki who I would need to sell again
    This is a very very tough call now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Are you still showing as a -4 etc under transfers.
    When you're on a minus and then use wildcard the minus disappears so I'd imagine it's similar here.

I see no minus at present and I can continue to chop and change until tomorrow's deadline

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

So as expected. Leaves me a bit of a difficult decision as I won't be able to make the same transfers and get Duffy + Richarlison in. Saves me the 4 points though...

Reckon I'll still make the move, my team for this week looks awful, and I really need my first 'not total and utter sh*te' week of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

km79 wrote: »
    Just in case you're still wondering how the free hit works. Taken from @FFScout #FPL https://t.co/o1d7dVR5kL

It seems it reverts right back to start of week
    I'd lose a transfer and richarlson and otamendi would cost at least .1 more .......but I'd get jones back who I wrongly sold
    But I'd have miki who I would need to sell again
    This is a very very tough call now

That's a load of bo**ix if true!! People who made a transfer early in the week to save 0.1 will now loose it if free hit is activated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

With Kane now injured but due back next week, a weak defence with a very likely points total of approximately 1 point this week and still no Liverpool midfielder, I'm playing the free hit.

Out: Hegazi, Naughton, Kane, Lukaku and March
    In: Monreal, Azpi, Jesus, Lacazette and Salah

For now. So my team,

Pope
    Trippier, Monreal, Azpi
    Ramsey, Salah, Siva, Sterling
    Jesus, Lacazette, Diouf

Ritchie, Lowe, Memba.

@PVA. I'd recommend you use it too alright IMO

• Advertisement

AdpRo wrote: »
    That's a load of bo**ix if true!! People who made a transfer early in the week to save 0.1 will now loose it if free hit is activated.

Yes
    I'm in anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

That's just this season all over though! Nothing is a surprise anymore.

Kane's out? ok. I'll lose my transfers and price gains? Ok. Fully expecting Salah to injure himself in the first minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

this is so fúcking tempting.

a skinny week seems the most sensible time to use it, but with some good planning, they've never been that big of an issue.

Elliot
    Kolasinac Otamendi Dunk
    Salah Zaha Richarlison Sanchez Sane
    Morata Jesus

Subs: Speroni Mbemba Rosenior Ouaner

this would be my Free Hit team, and it looks far too good to say no to. it's pretty much a brand new squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

All aboard the Free Hit train!

Like others, the news about Kane and Coutinho today is seriously tempting me.

Add Aggy and Sterling to that, then 3 bench fodders (Suttner, Mbemba, King) who are likely not to start and the free hit is really tempting.

Arsenal's fixture so tasty too, but their immediate fixtures after are horrible.

It seems like the opportune time, so much funds tied up in players who should play next week and who I don't really want to sell (Aggy, Kane, Cout).

They have confirmed it on twitter, squad goes back to what it was at start of GW9, all transfers and points hits made at start of week are cancelled.

Personally I don't agree with this at all, it should go back to squad before you played the chip.

• Advertisement

With Kane now injured but due back next week, a weak defence with a very likely points total of approximately 1 point this week and still no Liverpool midfielder, I'm playing the free hit.

Out: Hegazi, Naughton, Kane, Lukaku and March
    In: Monreal, Azpi, Jesus, Lacazette and Salah

For now. So my team,

Pope
    Trippier, Monreal, Azpi
    Ramsey, Salah, Siva, Sterling
    Jesus, Lacazette, Diouf

Ritchie, Lowe, Memba.

@PVA. I'd recommend you use it too alright IMO

Would it not make sense to have cheapest players possible (3.9 defenders etc...) on your bench for the Free Hit? Pump all the money into guaranteed starters for the 11 you put out?

Morzadec wrote: »
    Would it not make sense to have cheapest players possible (3.9 defenders etc...) on your bench for the Free Hit? Pump all the money into guaranteed starters for the 11 you put out?

I think you need a playing sub just to cover Pep.

Sanchez alone could make this chip valuable this week.

Don’t forget to captain him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

They have confirmed it on twitter, squad goes back to what it was at start of GW9, all transfers and points hits made at start of week are cancelled.

Personally I don't agree with this at all, it should go back to squad before you played the chip.

I agree that's completely unfair. I signed Doucoure before playing the free hit and now he's 100,000 more expensive and my transfer will have been wasted. Not going well at all this year.

I think you need a playing sub just to cover Pep.

Depends which City players you have, but really Sane should be nailed on this week with Sterling and Aguero playing 120, B.Silva and Jesus playing 90.

I think with the Freehit you should be able to pick 11 players that are 95% to play. This will likely be my approach anyway, try to get 1 bench fodderer who at least plays as a contingency

Depends which City players you have, but really Sane should be nailed on this week with Sterling and Aguero playing 120, B.Silva and Jesus playing 90.

I think with the Freehit you should be able to pick 11 players that are 95% to play. This will likely be my approach anyway, try to get 1 bench fodderer who at least plays as a contingency

I've just put together a team I am reasonably happy with and have gone against what I said earlier! 3 * 3.9 (Goalkeeper & 2 defenders), 4.3 midfielder, none of who will play, zero in the bank!

I was trying to cover for the Pep effect. But I couldn't pass on Sanchez so the team is a little different now He was though to squeeze in but I removed the removed the Sterling uncertainty for this week. Ramsey is the other midfielder out this week.

Pope
    Trippier, Monreal, Luiz (instead of Azpi)
    Dacoure, Salah, Silva, Sanchez(c)
    Jesus, Lacazette, Diouf

Loftus Cheek, Duffy, Mbemba

There's a cheaper bench there now with 2 of them at least likely to see minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

This has probably been asked and confirmed already but my head is a bit fried thinking about it.

I've made 3 transfers so I'm on minus 8.

If I take the free hit, these transfers and minus 8 is wiped by my understanding.

So if I use the free hit, I technically haven't made any regular transfers this week.

Will I have 2 free regular transfers next week or remain on one regular transfer? :confused:

I'm presuming I'm back one and think I seen someone state this earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I've just put together a team I am reasonably happy with and have gone against what I said earlier! 3 * 3.9 (Goalkeeper & 2 defenders), 4.3 midfielder, none of who will play, zero in the bank!

I'm morealess like that :D Mariappa my only likely starter on the bench :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

Got to thinking about maybe Sane might be a better option than D. Silva and tried to swap them as they were the same price when I looked previously. My account balance then showed -0.1 and so I reckon I have to stick with D. Silva. They both show as 8.6m on the player list but D. Silva now shows as 8.5 on my team sheet. Surely if a player has a price rise it should be reflected so you could get in a player who has had a similar price rise. That and the loss of a money saving transfer before playing the free hit make no sense to me. This free hit thing seems to have a few annoying glitches.

• Advertisement

I was trying to cover for the Pep effect. But I couldn't pass on Sanchez so the team is a little different now He was though to squeeze in but I removed the removed the Sterling uncertainty for this week. Ramsey is the other midfielder out this week.

Pope
    Trippier, Monreal, Luiz (instead of Azpi)
    Dacoure, Salah, Silva, Sanchez(c)
    Jesus, Lacazette, Diouf

Loftus Cheek, Duffy, Mbemba

There's a cheaper bench there now with 2 of them at least likely to see minutes.

A couple things I would consider changing:

Sane in for Silva. Longterm definitely an argument for Silva being better as he's nailed on to start, but I'm 95% sure Sane will start this week given the fact he only played a few minutes against Wolves, and when you know he's going to start there's no debate that you want him in ahead of Silva.

Trippier away to United doesn't seem the best option for this week. I would consider Joe Gomez or a Leicester defender at 4.5, and then upgrade Dacoure to Richarlison who is playing in the front 3 and should be more likely to pick up points.

Just my 2 cents.

Sane for Silva in particular for me I would strongly recommend if possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

macraignil wrote: »
    Got to thinking about maybe Sane might be a better option than D. Silva and tried to swap them as they were the same price when I looked previously. My account balance then showed -0.1 and so I reckon I have to stick with D. Silva. They both show as 8.6m on the player list but D. Silva now shows as 8.5 on my team sheet. Surely if a player has a price rise it should be reflected so you could get in a player in who has had a similar price rise. That and the loss of a money saving transfer before playing the free hit make no sense to me. This free hit thing seems to have a few annoying glitches.

You bought Silva at 8.5. He's now 8.6. You can't sell him for the same price. That's nothing to do with the free hit. That's just how the game works i'm afraid.

shineon23 wrote: »
    This has probably been asked and confirmed already but my head is a bit fried thinking about it.

I've made 3 transfers so I'm on minus 8.

If I take the free hit, these transfers and minus 8 is wiped by my understanding.

So if I use the free hit, I technically haven't made any regular transfers this week.

Will I have 2 free regular transfers next week or remain on one regular transfer? :confused:

I'm presuming I'm back one and think I seen someone state this earlier.

Back to 1 I believe. Happened me before on the Wildcard

Looks like I've wasted a transfer so and lost .1 on miki
    Who cares
    I've got Sanchez captain yo

Back to 1 I believe. Happened me before on the Wildcard

Hmmm, I knew this would was the case with a Wildcard in the past but wondering if Free Hit is different

If it meant having a 2nd free transfer and not wasting another -4 to get Kane back in for the Palace game it might have been worth it.

Think I'll stick to my minus 8 for now.
    Don't have anywhere near enough funds to get all the players I want, I'm probably be better off waiting until later in the season when hopefully I'll have more resale value.:confused:

Final team decided. Would welcome input but I think it's unlikely I'll change my mind at this point. Gone for a 3-5-2:
    Speroni

Monreal
    Gomez
    Otamendi

Sane
    Richarlison
    Hazard
    Sanchez (C)
    Salah

Lacazette
    Firmino

Bench is all cheapest possible fodder except I kept Eliott, not 100% sure if Speroni is nailed in so perfectly happy for Eliot to come in if necessary.

Hazard is probably the one a bit from left field, but I felt I wanted a Chelsea player for B'mouth away. Morata I don't fully trust to start or perform, Pedro was very tempting but his game time has been patchy. Hazard is tried and tested, definitely overpriced but had two goals last midweek in CL and I'm happy to have him for this once off.

Likewise Firmino hasn't performed as of late but there weren't a huge amount of options out there in attack and he did get a couple in the CL recently. Was between him and Vardy and the odds were slightly shorter on Firmino to score so went for him.

Thinking behind Speroni is that he's dirt cheap (couldn't quite squeeze in Pope with my other choices) and Hodgson is a very defensive manager. He looks to have steadied the ship, and again I went with bookies odds with Palace being one of the shorter teams this week for a cleany.

Rest of the team I think explains itself.

Good luck to all using the Free Hit this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Apologies if already asked. Do you get 2 free transfers for next week if you activate the free hit this week?

paulie21 wrote: »
    Apologies if already asked. Do you get 2 free transfers for next week if you activate the free hit this week?

I would guess not, but I don't actually know the answer for sure. After a WC you only get 1 so imagine it would be similar to that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

shineon23 wrote: »
    Hmmm, I knew this would was the case with a Wildcard in the past but wondering if Free Hit is different

If it meant having a 2nd free transfer and not wasting another -4 to get Kane back in for the Palace game it might have been worth it.

Think I'll stick to my minus 8 for now.
    Don't have anywhere near enough funds to get all the players I want, I'm probably be better off waiting until later in the season when hopefully I'll have more resale value.:confused:

It says back to 1 free transfer on the rules page.

• Advertisement

paulie21 wrote: »
    I would guess not, but I don't actually know the answer for sure. After a WC you only get 1 so imagine it would be similar to that

I'm guessing not as well, but would love confirmation on it.

I think someone accidentally played the Free Hit a few weeks ago, best bet would be finding out what there transfer situation was like the following week.

Advertisement