Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Premier League Free hit advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

It says back to 1 free transfer on the rules page.

I suppose I should have looked it up. :D
    Please note that when playing either a Wildcard or your Free Hit chip, any saved free transfers will be lost. You will be back to the usual 1 free transfer the following Gameweek.
    Source: https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

shineon23 wrote: »
    I'm guessing not as well, but would love confirmation on it.

I think someone accidentally played the Free Hit a few weeks ago, best bet would be finding out what there transfer situation was like the following week.

From the rules section:

Please note that when playing either a Wildcard or your Free Hit chip, any saved free transfers will be lost. You will be back to the usual 1 free transfer the following Gameweek.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Free Hit activated, time to retrieve something from this clusterf*ck of a season

Bringing in the big guns, Sanchez, Sane, Walker, Azpilicueta, Zaha... all have a big score in them! Gone for 3-5-2 with Vardy joining Jesus up front. Don't think there's much between Morata and a Vardy this week, and going with the latter allows me to enjoy some Sunday football (hopefully)

Will be using the extra cash to go with Walker and Azpiliceuta at the back, both have double digit scores in them. I've tried to get in as many players with the ability to explode, knowing my luck this is the week Chicharito wakes up

Good to see a lot of people joining us jumping off the cliff...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

PVA wrote: »
    Free Hit activated, time to retrieve something from this clusterf*ck of a season

Bringing in the big guns, Sanchez, Sane, Walker, Azpilicueta, Zaha... all have a big score in them! Gone for 3-5-2 with Vardy joining Jesus up front. Don't think there's much between Morata and a Vardy this week, and going with the latter allows me to enjoy some Sunday football (hopefully)

Will be using the extra cash to go with Walker and Azpiliceuta at the back, both have double digit scores in them. I've tried to get in as many players with the ability to explode, knowing my luck this is the week Chicharito wakes up

Good to see a lot of people joining us jumping off the cliff...

Azpi
    Hadn't even considered him ........
    Currently onboard plane
    Not much time left !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Pulled the trigger on this, went 3-5-2
    Pope

Monreal - Duffy - Moreno

San(c)hez - Hazard - Salah - Sane - Zaha

Vardy - Lacazette

Subs - Perreira - Dunk - Hunemeir - Quaner
    (wanted dunk in there incase 1 of 10 outfield players miss out)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Quick question.....own Aguero,Sane ,Salah and they are all going up in price tonight....if I play free hit for the week don’t I lose out on the price rise(s) they will have had this GW?....
    Makes me doubt if it’s s good idea using free hit a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

d1a9e41c32921c0ce550680fbbfbabb7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Ah feck ye, thinking I might be joining ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Currently looking at

Pope
    Otamendi Kolasinac Gomez
    Salah Sane Sánchez Richarlison
    Vardy Firmino Lacazette

Debating swapping Sánchez Firmino for Morata Ramsey

Or Sánchez Gomez to Azpilicueta Ramsey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

So are we all going to keep a track on our gain/loss from the free hit!? For the record i would have benched Kane, played Joselu and had Salah captain!

• Advertisement

I am now doubting whether I even want double city attack away to west brom ......but the only alternatives to Jesus are moratta and lacazette ........

AdpRo wrote: »
    So are we all going to keep a track on our gain/loss from the free hit!? For the record i would have benched Kane, played Joselu and had Salah captain!

Absolutely not :D

km79 wrote: »
    I am now doubting whether I even want double city attack away to west brom ......but the only alternatives to Jesus are moratta and lacazette ........

If it’s a one week punt then first two names I’d have, in order, would be Sanchez and Lacazette.

Free hit activated. Not sure of the wisdom in this, but haven't really been enjoying the game the last few weeks so at least this should make things interesting for this gw ; )

Elliot
    Otamendi Monreal Duffy
    Sanchez(c) Hazard Sane Salah Doucoure
    Jesus Vardy

Would prefer to have Richarlison ahead of Doucoure but would probably mean dropping one of Hazard or Sanchez... or possibly downgrading Monreal to a 4.7 defender???

If it’s a one week punt then first two names I’d have, in order, would be Sanchez and Lacazette.

I can't bring lacazette back

Considered it, briefly. There's every possibility he could get a decent score this weekend, i just couldn't bring myself to putting him in my team

Quick question.....own Aguero,Sane ,Salah and they are all going up in price tonight....if I play free hit for the week don’t I lose out on the price rise(s) they will have had this GW?....
    Makes me doubt if it’s s good idea using free hit a bit.

After long discussions, myself and Mick have decided to hold off the Free Hit at least until after the Price Changes tonight.

My overthinking on this is complicated

I've bought Aguero and Salah earlier in the week, Aguero has rose .1 already.
    if he rises again tonight, I 'should' have .1 profit from the .2 rise

I'm going to see if it'll block me making the Free Hit, including this extra .1 profit to do my shopping with.

However I'm after eating a .1 loss in resale value from Alonso earlier in the week.

If things are meant to revert back to a 'As Was' situation at the the start of the Gameweek. I should have this .1 back, if I'm not given the .1 profit from my Aguero move.

Additionally after the deadline for GW9 last Friday evening, I suffered .1 drops to Lukaku, Kane, Bavies, and got a rise from Choupo-Moting to earn another .1 profit.

I'm guessing that I'm going to be screwed both ways.
    Not getting the profits and still suffering the losses I've incurred since the deadline for GW 9 last Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

My thinking behind this is that I would be expecting about 40-45 points with an 8 point hit normally.

I'm now hoping for about 70 points with no hit.

If the players I needed to take out eating up a lot of money (Kane, Aggy, Cout, Sterling) were players who were out long term, or players who I didn't want long term, then holding the free hit and taking a big hit makes sense.

But fingers crossed they should all be in contention for next week.

It seems like the ideal time to play it, my squad doesn't require huge surgery generally but is in an absolute shambles this week.

ElTel wrote: »

Thanking you from all at Shinon HQ.
    So use the Free Hit for Gameweek 10 and your balance and squad will return as it was on 19:01 BST on Friday 20 October.

Well that's my question answered, but I'm actually no clearer on what I'm going to do :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Just a thought about using the Free Hit in a skinny GW. If Kane (or whoever) had no game the week of the Carabao Cup Final, but got injured the previous week, you would be stuck with him!

You would have to wait until the GW deadline passed (after a 0.3 drop) to sell him if you have used the Free Hit. Keeping the chip may actually backfire on some (or they won’t get to use it), so there isnt really an ‘ideal’ time to play it

I think for anyone (like me) who hasn’t made a FT this week, and have injuries/rest issues it’s an ideal opportunity to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

What's the value we would place on this chip? Maybe 25 points?

If I end up less than 20 points net up what I would have got I'll be very disappointed.

Anything over 30 points would be very successful imo.

25 points probably about par, and around what I'd value the chip at

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

All aboard cho cho

Elliott

Monreal — Azpi — Ward

Sane - Sanchez(C) - Zaha - Salah - Richarlison

—\0—\0 Jesus - Lacazette

Thoughts?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Playing the Free Hit this week and going with

Pope

Mee Ward Gomez

Sanchez (c) Hazard Salah Doucoure

Morata Lacazette Firmino

That is triple Burnley!!!

I think it is the perfect time to use it for myself so no point holding it to be honest!

Chesty08 wrote: »

Pope

Mee Ward Gomez

Morata Lacazette Firmino

I think it is the perfect time to use it for myself so no point holding it to be honest!
    do yourself a favour and spread the defensive heartache out a bit ........

Chesty08 wrote: »

Pope

Mee Ward Gomez

Morata Lacazette Firmino

Agreed, a Newcastle goal would be a heartbreaker there

10 player from only 4 four clubs would concern me;
    3 Burnley, 3 Liverpool, 2 Arsenal and 2 Chelsea
    And no City cover in the XI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Currently going with:

Pope
    Walker, Kolasinac, Moreno
    Sanchez, Salah, Sané, Richarlison
    Lacazette, Firmino, Vardy

Pereira, Mariappa, Hunemeier, Colback

Only decision is whether to downgrade Vardy and upgrade Colback to someone like Zaha. Rolling with Vardy for now.

Triple Burnley at the back is a huge gamble, I'd definitely be dropping at least one of them.

Almost finalised my team, last decisions down to
    Hazard, Doucoure and Vardy or Richarlison, Zaha and Lacazette (not a fan of Lacazette but maybe worth a one week punt)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

It's the Monday night game so I won't have to watch any more games and will be straight into a new GW.

I genuinely don't know what other team will keep a clean sheet from defenders 5.2 to 4.5m range

Advertisement