Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printers and Ink

Options
  • 25-10-2017 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Recently bought a Cannon MG3600 printer. I like it so far have not used it much but I see the color ink cartridge is showing nearly low after only printing a few photos. Ive checked the well and thankfully there doesnt seem to be much ink from either color or black there. I hoping its not reading the levels correct but my question is what do people generally do when not using the printer do you take out the cartridge and put it in when you go to print or scan something as i read a lot of printers tend to leak out when left sitting in the printer?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Think the carts you get with some printers aren't full. Otherwise it'd be cheaper to buy a new printer each time the ink runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Mr321 wrote: »
    Recently bought a Cannon MG3600 printer.

Its highly likely that it came with 'starter' cartridges which have far less ink than the retail ones that you pay through the nose for.

And photos simply drink ink, go down to your local chemist and get them to print them. Negotiate the price down, regardless of how much they ask for.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Mr321

Thats true I was thinking the same about the cartridges that came with the printer. (Current ones in it)

Noticed tonight that after printing a word text document the text a little hairy looking. When i was setting the printer up I alligned the cartridges and all etc.

Do you think this might also be because if the cartridges that came with it?

I like the printer I must say had an expensive HP before that and was a nightmare.

Thanks.

Advertisement