Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir F2000 Modem

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭contrary_devil

@eir:Adam
    My update
    I got a call last Wednesday at 10.52 from an Eir engineer who wanted to visit my house to test the line. I explained I was away for the day and had I known he was going to do the test I would have arranged for someone to be there. I told him I would be there on Thursday and Friday but he said he wasn't working those days and that Eir would contact me to make an appointment. I got two texts from Eir later on Wednesday to say my fault is under investigation. I have had no communication since.
    Have Eir only one technician in my area? Surely someone else could have visited me on the Thursday or Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Diagonalley

My update
    I got a call last Wednesday at 10.52 from an Eir engineer who wanted to visit my house to test the line. I explained I was away for the day and had I known he was going to do the test I would have arranged for someone to be there. I told him I would be there on Thursday and Friday but he said he wasn't working those days and that Eir would contact me to make an appointment. I got two texts from Eir later on Wednesday to say my fault is under investigation. I have had no communication since.
    Have Eir only one technician in my area? Surely someone else could have visited me on the Thursday or Friday?

Any updates ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I got a new F2000 modem on the 25th of September due to the previous modem I had being faulty and now the new one after only a month in operation is showing the same symptoms of the previous faulty one. 
    Are these modems that bad and why are Eir still distributing them? 
    I am getting very fed up of this nonsense.
    Hi Contrary_devil,

I'm sorry to hear this. Feel free to PM me your full name and account number. I would be happy to help clear this up for you.

Thanks

Tracey

My update

Any updates ?
    None other than Tracey's post above

I got a new F2000 modem on the 25th of September due to the previous modem I had being faulty and now the new one after only a month in operation is showing the same symptoms of the previous faulty one. 
    Are these modems that bad and why are Eir still distributing them? 
    I am getting very fed up of this nonsense.
    Hi Contrary_devil,

I'm sorry to hear this. Feel free to PM me your full name and account number. I would be happy to help clear this up for you.

Thanks

Tracey
    I will do Tracey. I have previously given this info to Adam in the hope of having the matter resolved.

• Advertisement

Oh dear, I hope you get a resolution soon. I logged a fault on 4 separate occasions but to no avail, none were recognised. In the end I organized a new router through the chat service, this took a few goes and then not so easy as the delivery man told me it was a swap and so couldn’t deliver until I could sort this (hard to do from work). Anyways, I’m back up to almost 30 speed presumably until this router crashes like the one. Am now resolved to this being the best service I will get from Eir. What an expensive error of judgement on my behalf, returning to Eir 😫

Oh dear, I hope you get a resolution soon. I logged a fault on 4 separate occasions but to no avail, none were recognised. In the end I organized a new router through the chat service, this took a few goes and then not so easy as the delivery man told me it was a swap and so couldn’t deliver until I could sort this (hard to do from work). Anyways, I’m back up to almost 30 speed presumably until this router crashes like the one. Am now resolved to this being the best service I will get from Eir. What an expensive error of judgement on my behalf, returning to Eir ��
    These are my latest speeds, 1st is wifi and 2nd is ethernet cable plugged in

These are my latest speeds, 1st is wifi and 2nd is ethernet cable plugged in

Omg, and I thought mine was bad !! I’m just downloading IT off sky store - started 2 hours ago and not yet available to watch - perhaps by tomorrow night it will be downloaded - what a useless service

Update on my FTTH. Had new router for a week, speeds now down to 2 or 3, if I’m lucky enough to connect. 5 faults logged and ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭madyoke2009

I've the same issue with the Eir F2000 modem.  Logged a complaint with Eir before christmas - in true Eir style - no response.  I need to follow their complaints process before I can log the complaint with Comreg.

Anyway to restore my FTTH broadband service I had to purchase a modem and not use the sh!te Eir modem.

Everything working perfect - no complaints with anything.   Wifi is working perfect, and no issues with speeds.  I haven't noticed it dropping below 800Mb. 

As I work from home it is vital I have a connection.

Good luck to everyone trying to get Eir to resolve the issue!

• Advertisement

What modem did you buy ? A guy on technical chat tweaked my modem yesterday and told me to wait 24 hrs, I’m now down to 0.3 download speed, what a mess, just sick of it. Logged another fault this morning, can’t remember if it’s no. 5 or 6 at this stage. All been ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭RezwoK

Have mine 2 years without any issues. Pretty solid modem in terms of what other providers give you!

I have given Eir the boot over their terrible service. I have written letters to two senior people in customer services lately to no avail, not even a response to the second letter, it seems to me they are in a world of their own and that customers don't matter. One of these days the penny will drop when there are redundancies and the whinging will begin about customers leaving to go to other providers.
    Once upon a time Telecom Éireann/Eircom/Eir had a monopoly but wake up and smell the roses folks there's a choice out there now.

Advertisement