Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinema booking - no confirmation

Options
  • 25-10-2017 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I tried to book 2 tickets to see Thor on a cinemas online page.

It took my details, let me pick the seats, redirected me to payment page but after completing that, never redirected me to the confirmation page. I assumed that there was no booking as I had no reference and recieved no confirmation. I decided not to go and took it as a sign to do something else with my evening.

I recieved no confirmation by e-mail or by text, which they were both provided in the booking process.

I later noticed the money debited from my account. I noticed this literally 1 minute before the movie was about to start. I rang the cinema who informed me that there was a booking under my name, despite me never having gotten confirmation or a reference.

At this point there was no way I could have feasibly made it in time. She quickly hung up saying "see you in a minute"

Can I get my money back? It's a small amount but I am quite annoyed about the whole thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,437 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Mokuba wrote: »
    I decided not to go and took it as a sign to do something else with my evening.
    Not making an enquiry would seem to be quite imprudent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭homer911

I presume you checked your spam folder?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭Tow

Was this Movies@ group of cinemas. They booking system is 'buggy' and prone to such things. Their excuse (as told to me by a manager a few years ago) is that they are a small independent company who had to roll their own system, as they could not afford an expensive off the shelf package.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement