Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union Loan

• 25-10-2017 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

Hi all I would be greatfull for some advice.
    I had a home improvement loan with my local credit union at 11.56%apr, A couple of months ago I needed a top up loan for some more works, They were advertising a new rate for home improvement loans of 7.22%apr, I was told that I could not avail of the new rate as it was a top up loan, also I had to keep repayments at the current level at the time of 700pm,
    I did not query it at the time as I was just glad to get the extra cash to finish the work.
    Being a credit union and seen as they say on their home page that it's all about "the customer" and that they are "not for profit" do you think if I went back to them that its possible to get them to restructure the loan?
    Probably grasping at straws here...

Ps.good credit rating never missed a payment.

Advertisement