Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Canon Hall (Upper Sheriff Street) - a bad move?

Options
  • 25-10-2017 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

I am about to sign a contract to move to Canon Hall apartment block in Upper Sheriff Street. I'm a bit torn apart, as the price in the area is lower than, say, in South Docks, but Sheriff Street has notorious reputation. Is Upper Sheriff Street different from Lower? Any thoughts about Canon Hall itself?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Besides, the Garda presence since this whole feud thing started is noticeably higher in the north inner city. I don't have reason to go over to Sherrif Street much, but I'm basing this on Portland Row, Mountjoy Square, Summerhill, Gardiner Street etc. You might be a bit nervous walking in and out during the Halloween period though, with bonfires, kids going around in groups collecting material, letting off rockets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Cannon Hall should be fine. TBH the main hassle you'll have is the noise from all the construction sites nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sheepo

Sinead2017 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am about to sign a contract to move to Canon Hall apartment block in Upper Sheriff Street. I'm a bit torn apart, as the price in the area is lower than, say, in South Docks, but Sheriff Street has notorious reputation. Is Upper Sheriff Street different from Lower? Any thoughts about Canon Hall itself?

Thanks!

I don't know the inside of the apartments but the location is absolutely fine. I live around the corner and my office looks out at Canon Hall.

You're obviously still going to be living in the inner section of a capital city and therefore need to pay due care and attention to your belongings and safety, but you need to do that anywhere you go really.

About a 3 minute walk to the Luas too!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I spent a fair bit of time in the area when they were building the Luas extension and never had a problem.

The had been a serious violent feud around Seville Place for years, but I understand those people are in prison now.

The locals do complain of some railway noise, but they are right next to the tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KMT

Here is the 5-10year development plan from dublin city council

For some reason I cant past the link

But search 08 Deirdre Scully & Jeremy Wales in Youtube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

New users can't post links - a spam prevention measure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1MumJERXtg - that's the Docklands Strategic Development Zone (SDZ): http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-planning-urban-development-plans-local-area-plans/north-lotts-grand-canal-dock

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭cailin.

Canon Hall seems really quiet as it's gated. The general area is quiet enough despite you being on Sherriff Street. You do get local kids passing between the neighbourhoods of East Wall and Sherriff Street but other than that it is busy with commuters going for the train and luas.

It's a good investment imo. Prices are on the rise in the general area and no sign of development slowing anytime soon!

Advertisement