Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Bike?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

They're TT bikes and so comfort doesn't really come into it. Pick which ever one you like the look of best.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭docker.io

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I had a Stealth. Didn't enjoy it much. It's an old frame now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Any reason your looking at planet x in particular?? Fit is most important thing on a tt bike so you would need to be sure it fit.

Stealth is a very old frame now. I wouldn't be a huge fan of them either.

joey100 wrote: »
    Any reason your looking at planet x in particular?? Fit is most important thing on a tt bike so you would need to be sure it fit.

Stealth is a very old frame now. I wouldn't be a huge fan of them either.

what about the EXO3 frame ?

• Advertisement

Looks nice, hard to know how aero it is, doesn't seem to be any testing on it and there aren't a lot of reviews.

Any reason why your looking at planet x in particular?

joey100 wrote: »
    Looks nice, hard to know how aero it is, doesn't seem to be any testing on it and there aren't a lot of reviews.

Any reason why your looking at planet x in particular?

I think there is a good bit of value for what you get, my local bike store is a bit of a rip off pricing 2500 for 105.

For a TT bike I wouldn't get hung up on the groupset. The frame and you fitting it is more important. Weight isn't as huge an issue for a TT bike either so the weight saving won't be as important either. If you fit the bike it's probably a good bike, but it's all about the position you can get into and hold on a TT bike.

Depends on what you want the bike for too. If it's for triathlons integration will probably be important enough especially the longer you go, some other bikes out there probably have a few more options available. If it's for TT's I'd check if the exo is UCI legal, looks like it might be at the limit of the 3:1 rule (think that's still in place).

It's hard to beat Canyon for value too. For 3000 you would get this,

https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/triathlon/speedmax/2018/speedmax-cf-8-0.html

For around 2300 you would get it without racing wheels.

I've no experience of the exo3, looks like a nice enough bike and I've seen a few at races (triathlons) and it hasn't held the lads back.

Looks like a nice bike

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Macy0161

That stealth at 3,000 - it'd be cheaper to drive over to a PlanetX UK shop and bring it back!

Last winter, Planetx.co.uk had 105 builds of the Stealth for stg£1000 (I think I'm sucker for the "cadel evans used it in the tour" bit!).

That price range I'd definitely looking at canyon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement