Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA Connection delay compensation?

Options
  • 25-10-2017 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Flew yesterday with American Airlines from Dublin to Orlando connecting in JFK.
    We were delayed 1hr 30 mins leaving Dublin and then our JFK-Orlando flight was delayed over 5 hours.
    The reason given at counter for the delay of the JFK- Orlando flight was weather related firstly in that the plane we were due to travel on was delayed in Dallas and was late arriving in JFK. Once the plane eventually arrived they realized the crew were over their flying hours and a new crew had to be found. The crew was brought over from a cancelled flight in Newark and thankfully we did get to travel albeit over 5 hours late. The treatment in JFK was horrendous in that they provided little to no information apart from changing the board every 15 mins and at 7 pm they provided bottles of water and sandwiches after being asked by other travelers.
    I understand compensation is due within the EU but as the longest delay was in JFK what is the rules? Our tickets were all the one and the legs weren’t booked separately. I booked flights with an Irish travel agency.
    Thanks for any help you can give me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bassets

Thanks for the reply, we do have travel insurance but I just looked and compensation only applies after 12 hours.

Advertisement